Forums
Posted By: Dilly Bidston Moss Lake - 27th May 2012 6:30pm
Does anyone know how deep the lake is on Bidston Moss? And do you need permission to go canoeing on it??
Posted By: little_pob Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 9:38am
It's council property, so probably. I know you need a licence to use private craft on the West Kirby marine lake.

Not sure I'd want to go out on it myself. What with that part of the Moss being right next to a landscaped landfill.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 10:14am
cheer's mate'you maybe be right never know what's lurking under that water.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 11:28am
Yes, the notorious Bidston moss trash monster might get you.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 2:13pm
do u mean the little lakes on the moss or the "overflow" the other side of the tip hill ?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 2:33pm
yes Jabber the overflow.
Posted By: Mark Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 4:03pm
Ive seen people fishing in the "overflow" the side nearest the hill has a mini jetty, so if you were not allowed too, I would guess public notices if any would be there.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 5:15pm
its kind of a free for all on there , anglers are fishing it, many of the pontoons got set alight by idiots.

Its always had good fishing on there
as for canoeing etc , i dont see that theres anyone there to stop you...its a long walk with a canoe tho as theres no access for cars.

one thing i would recommend tho is that you wear lifejackets , there is quite deep water in there and its full of snags and sunken trees !

access being from the corner of the BandQ car park or via the side of the tip entrance
Posted By: Dilly Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 6:06pm
cheers everyone' you have given me something to ponder on. pardon the pun.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 6:21pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Ive seen people fishing in the "overflow" the side nearest the hill has a mini jetty, so if you were not allowed too, I would guess public notices if any would be there.

used to live next door but one to a few lads that used to fish and swim in it
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 7:21pm
ya wanna get yaself out on the shroppy mate. Shropshire Union Canal. up by the boat museum by cheshire oaks. i know ya can go on there in kayaks or canoe's wanting 1 to have a go up there my self.
Posted By: PeteC Re: Bidston Moss Lake - 28th May 2012 7:33pm
If going on a canal, you might need a licence, which you can get by simply joining the British Canoe Union http://www.waterscape.com/things-to-do/boating/canoeing
© Wirral-Wikiwirral