Forums
Posted By: rach87 How To Apply For White Line Outside Your Property - 21st May 2012 1:32pm
Hi, im just wondering if anybody knows who to ask about getting a White Line outside my property, we are looking into having the kerb dropped but would like to have the line aswell as we are on a main busy road. thanks
contact streetscene and have chequebook to hand
www.wirral.gov.uk you can do it all online even the payment or phone 0151 606 2004
need to have your kerb dropped first
White lines don't provide any enforcement rules either, they have no legal status.

If you are blocked on your driveway, the police can move the car, but if you are blocked out, then the police can do nothing, with or without the white line.
Originally Posted by peodude
White lines don't provide any enforcement rules either, they have no legal status.

If you are blocked on your driveway, the police can move the car, but if you are blocked out, then the police can do nothing, with or without the white line.

police can get involved because a law is being broken, obstruction it is, though as for getting in its a local authority incident, remember no one has the right to park on roads only the right to use them as thoroughfare if tax is paid. if some parks over a dropped kerb then take a pic and send it to the council who then get, parking enforcement to issue a ticket, a white line serves as a visual reminder not to park there
Originally Posted by dave_h
Originally Posted by peodude

police can get involved because a law is being broken, obstruction it is, though as for getting in its a local authority incident, remember no one has the right to park on roads only the right to use them as thoroughfare if tax is paid. if some parks over a dropped kerb then take a pic and send it to the council who then get, parking enforcement to issue a ticket, a white line serves as a visual reminder not to park there
Who needs the police? Sorry but if some b***end parked his car outside our driveway we would move it ourselves!
ill wind my neck in then haha! the new me is trying not to preach anymore, just state the rules boohoo
If your a pensioner I think they do it for free!
I had to pay and I was (and still am) a pensioner at the time, cost £993.So don't build your hopes up.
Originally Posted by Salmon
I had to pay and I was (and still am) a pensioner at the time, cost £993.So don't build your hopes up.

were lucky ours was already dropped so only had to pay 58 quid for the line
Originally Posted by silvertigra
yep its about a £1000 quid maybe more ..you can do it your self but the council wants you to get a million pound insurance while your getting the work done . my dads a builder and still got the council to do his
Originally Posted by shar215
Originally Posted by silvertigra
yep its about a £1000 quid maybe more ..you can do it your self but the council wants you to get a million pound insurance while your getting the work done . my dads a builder and still got the council to do his

lot of hassle it seems, though a lot of money as well
© Wirral-Wikiwirral