Forums
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:35pm
Im a newbee to wiki so sorry in advance of this is in the wrong section..

Can anybody help...for past few days i have been unable to log into tesco direct, asda and now tonite very catelogue...i cant understand why..it just takes me to a new page and says server unavailable!!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:37pm
Welcome to Wikki smile

I haven't a clue hun, hardly use the computer, will be someone here to help you wink

Enjoy the site
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:38pm
Can you post a screen shot on here, th the error message may give us an idea of what it might be
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:39pm
Thanks sarah..and its on my mobile its happening!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:40pm
Happens to me hun

I put it down to low signal lol
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:41pm
HTTP Status 500 - type Status report message description The server encountered an internal error() that prevented it from fulfilling this request Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
Posted By: Manowar1952 Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:42pm
Assuming you're using a pc. Check that your firewall isn't blocking them.
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 6:45pm
Im on my mobile..and when try and log onto my tesco account it says unable to communicate, server failed..cant understand why all of a sudden i cant get on!
Posted By: ThatChap Re: Help servers unavailable - 9th Apr 2012 8:33pm
tomcat is a webserver. A 500 error usually indicates a problem running a webservice. In this case, as you're getting it on multiple websites, it could be possible that it's actually a webserver at your mobile-phone-providers side ie they're using tomcat to forward your webpages requests to other sites. Check something that is usually available eg google or bbc - if they hit the same problem then it does point to a problem with your provider, and you'll have to talk to them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral