Forums
Posted By: Laudini Brotherton Park & Dibbinsdale Local Nature Reserve - 21st Apr 2011 11:53am
Hi all,

Is Dibbinsdale park/brook in Bromborough/Spital open to the public? If so thinking of going over the Easter break.
I thought it was for educational trips & such only.

Cheers

AFAIK it's open all the time.
yep, walk my dog there every day. Highlights to look out for are Herons, Kestrels, St. Patrick's Well and some beautiful scenery across the Dibbin river valley.
Yeah its open all the time. Watch out for the ghosties though, especially by the bridge.

Thinking of returning to the Wirral after 30+ years on the south coast. Two golden retrievers will need walks twice a day. Potential new abode is near the Raby Mere end of the park - is there pedestrian access at that end?
Thinking of moving back to the Wirral after 30+ years away to be closer to family. Finding golf club for husband is no problem but good dog walking is next issue. You posted about Dibbinsdale Nature Reserve and that's an area I'm interested in. I remember the Bromborough end from my childhood, but how accessible is it on foot from the Dibbinsdale end do you know? I have two young energetic golden retrievers and we're looking at the area near Bromborough Golf Club as a potential new home. Any information gratefully received!
Originally Posted by Prodigaldaughter
Thinking of moving back to the Wirral after 30+ years away to be closer to family. Finding golf club for husband is no problem but good dog walking is next issue. You posted about Dibbinsdale Nature Reserve and that's an area I'm interested in. I remember the Bromborough end from my childhood, but how accessible is it on foot from the Dibbinsdale end do you know? I have two young energetic golden retrievers and we're looking at the area near Bromborough Golf Club as a potential new home. Any information gratefully received!
Eastham country park is a couple of hundred yards from Brom. golf club,very popular with dog walkers,if you time your walks right you can have a drink at one of the two pubs there,alternatively there is also a charming little cafeteria next to the visitors centre.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral