Forums
Posted By: chiccy boiler/heating help - 25th Apr 2008 7:17am
dont know if we have any plumbers here but i thought id give this a shot 1st.........

the boiler comes on but dont fire up to start the heatin or water any 1 know what it could beeeeeeee confused
Posted By: MrPhil Re: boiler/heating help - 25th Apr 2008 7:37am
Check the water pressure. approx 1bar is what it needs to be.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: boiler/heating help - 25th Apr 2008 9:05am
Is your's gas? If i've has a power trip out the boiler needs re-setting so it knows its safe to spark the gas.
It is a combi too isn't it?
I had a problem over a year go where the boiler would come on to heat the water, (central heating was ok) the water would get warm and then go cold and would keep doing that.
Turned out the heat exchanger between the CH and Domestic water was full of gunk from the radiators, it needed replacing and we had to strip the rads off the walls and wash them out fill up with a system cleaner and water, then we had to drain it again 3 weeks later and re-fill with inhibitor and water.
All ok so far apart from a bit of air locked in the sysyem somewhere.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: boiler/heating help - 25th Apr 2008 9:51am
Originally Posted by CustomIce
Is your's gas? If i've has a power trip out the boiler needs re-setting so it knows its safe to spark the gas.
It is a combi too isn't it?
I had a problem over a year go where the boiler would come on to heat the water, (central heating was ok) the water would get warm and then go cold and would keep doing that.
Turned out the heat exchanger between the CH and Domestic water was full of gunk from the radiators, it needed replacing and we had to strip the rads off the walls and wash them out fill up with a system cleaner and water, then we had to drain it again 3 weeks later and re-fill with inhibitor and water.
All ok so far apart from a bit of air locked in the sysyem somewhere.

No offence Custom but what you have said is a big can of worms.

check water pressure. this can stop the boiler starting up.

Posted By: AX_125 Re: boiler/heating help - 25th Apr 2008 12:31pm
Could also be batteries in the thermostat.
Posted By: chiccy Re: boiler/heating help - 25th Apr 2008 12:49pm
cheers fellas jonah will be home soon so hes gona run thru what you have all sugested ebfore we call out the plumber,, not that we have any 1 yet LMAO!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral