Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Cole Street school - 30th Jul 2013 3:52pm
Is the roof on it another playground?
Any info about that and if so was it for all classes?
Posted By: fruitcake Re: Cole Street school - 30th Jul 2013 4:42pm
yes the roof was another playground.. I couldn't wait till I got to the big class to be able to play up there(was a few years ago now).
from what I remember only years 5 and 6 could go up there. not sure if they use it now the health and safety brigade have probably put a stop to it.
Posted By: TeamAJ Re: Cole Street school - 31st Jul 2013 11:24am
Hasn't Cole Street School closed now?
Posted By: alan128 Re: Cole Street school - 31st Jul 2013 3:37pm
Yes Cole St school is now shut, I think it closed within the last four years.
I remember they had an open day where you could go and take photos just before it shut. If you are lucky someone might post some up
Posted By: fruitcake Re: Cole Street school - 31st Jul 2013 4:28pm
sad to hear the school has closed , have a lot of fond memories.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Cole Street school - 1st Oct 2014 8:25pm
Yes the roof was another playground, I went there 1947 to 1954, very happy days, my three children went there as well. I was lucky enough to go on the last day it was open, just to go on the roof once more, by the time I'd climbed up all the stairs, I needed an iron lung. Sadly I didn't think to take a camera with me. There were some old photographs on display, and some even older ex-pupils, very interesting.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Cole Street school - 2nd Oct 2014 2:59pm
I too went to Cole Street School, I went from 1965 - 1968, loved playing on the roof playground. I went to the open day just before it closed, it was so surreal walking around the old place, I did take a couple of photos on my old phone so if I can find them I'll put them up happy
Posted By: Erainn Re: Cole Street school - 13th Nov 2014 10:59pm
Sneezy I attended Cole St and enjoyed British Bulldog on the roof, along with swapping Batman Cards smile
Posted By: scjayjay Re: Cole Street school - 24th Dec 2014 8:02am
My mum went to this school around 64-65 i used to love listening to her story's. I wonder what will happen to the school now its closed??
Posted By: valli Re: Cole Street school - 4th Mar 2016 6:35pm
I went here too 1963-69 Mr Jones was the head and Mr Kay was deputy also Miss Phenna .The boys playground was on the roof
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Cole Street school - 10th Mar 2016 10:47pm
if you want to buy it
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cole Street school - 11th Mar 2016 12:54pm
Guide price £110,000
I can't understand why it is so cheap.
If it was a house that size it would cost millions.
If I only had the money
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cole Street school - 11th Mar 2016 6:12pm
Its being sold as land effectively, £110K plus demolition and levelling costs puts it in the right ballpark for land only.

Terrible waste of a building, when you see how many public buildings are being built when ones like this should be refurbished. It would be ideal for one of these medical centres that are popping up all over the place - but Government grants promote new buildings and the associated waste.
Posted By: alan128 Re: Cole Street School - 8th May 2016 9:24am
photo Cole St school

Attached picture untitled-2a.jpg
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cole Street School - 8th May 2016 10:08am
Possibly Ideal for conversion to flats if you can get to meet all the legislation for sound and heat.
I can imagine many poor syrians wouldnt say no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral