Forums
Posted By: clark the sanderling unit - 25th Feb 2011 3:47pm
i am doing a presentation for my degree, i need to no about the sanderling unit. i know it was in hoylake at first but dont no any details or dates, and then it moved to rock ferry high school but again i dont no any dates or details
please someone help
Posted By: chriskay Re: the sanderling unit - 25th Feb 2011 7:06pm
Hi, Clark; welcome to wiki. I'm sorry I can't help with your question, I hope someone can. I'm sorry to see that your shift key isn't working; maybe it's time to get a new keyboard.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: the sanderling unit - 25th Feb 2011 9:26pm
Phone them up on 0151 644 6670 and ask.

Are you sure it was in Hoylake? There is a Sanderling Day Nursery in Hoylake which is nothing to do with the SEN unit at Rock Ferry High.

I suspect the Unit started at Rock Ferry in 2001 but this could be completely incorrect.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: the sanderling unit - 25th Feb 2011 9:47pm
I don't know which place you are after but the sanderling day nursery is at the end of Hoyle road in Hoylake in one of the old Victorian school buildings. It used to just say "sanderling unit" on it and for years I had no idea what it was.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: the sanderling unit - 25th Feb 2011 10:03pm
Seems strange to call a nursery after a SEN unit, thanks for confirming it anyway Kev
Posted By: kermit Re: the sanderling unit - 25th Feb 2011 10:49pm
Originally Posted by clark
i am doing a presentation for my degree, i need to no about the sanderling unit. i know it was in hoylake at first but dont no any details or dates, and then it moved to rock ferry high school but again i dont no any dates or details
please someone help

The sandling unit was in rock ferry when i was at school and that was in the 90's
Posted By: Alofbag Re: the sanderling unit - 15th Feb 2012 6:37pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Seems strange to call a nursery after a SEN unit, thanks for confirming it anyway Kev

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanderling

© Wirral-Wikiwirral