Forums
Posted By: Garygadge Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 23rd Sep 2009 9:32pm
Anyone else go here before it was closed down and reopened as Claremount school?
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 23rd Sep 2009 11:04pm
My sister went to this school before starting Oxley and she adored a teacher there called Mrs Coates.. I remembered the navy blue uniforms were well better than Oxleys mingin bottle green ones lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 23rd Sep 2009 11:26pm
Did'nt even know about it; mind you it's been known as Claremount since as far back as I can remember! Was it too a special needs school?

smile
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 24th Sep 2009 12:00am
No it was what they then called a 'middle school' - wikipedia has a section about them, they'd got rid of that system by the time i left Sandbrook Primary so i went straight on to Oxley school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_school#United_Kingdom
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 24th Sep 2009 12:18am
My dad went there as 'moreton middle' and my daughter went there as 'claremount'. She left with better exam results than i could have hoped for in shitty park high.
Top skool. Brilliant staff. Take a look at ofsted reports...
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 24th Sep 2009 7:04am
Mrs Coates, was the french teacher if I remember correctly, really good teacher, there was a miss fishwick that moved to Oxely school and my teacher was miss Englert (think that's spelt right).
Oh and I remember Mr Heslop, he walked me home once when I wasn't well, 15 min walk and I felt like crap, lol.
Also remember Miss Fitzhenry.
The goodl ole days, jeez I feel old now!
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 24th Sep 2009 9:31am
Ohhh i remember Miss Fishwick very well, she was my form teacher at Oxley and although a small lady, never doubt her foul temper, she threw a chair at me once and i swear fire and brimestone rained from the skies when someone hid her guitar lol.

Yeah i believe Mrs Coates was highly respected, my sister still thinks fondly of her and still has a book she gave her when she left Moreton middle.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 24th Sep 2009 5:04pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
My dad went there as 'moreton middle' and my daughter went there as 'claremount'. She left with better exam results than i could have hoped for in shitty park high.
Top skool. Brilliant staff. Take a look at ofsted reports...

trust us 2 to wind up in the shitty school. raftl
Posted By: Paulie Re: Moreton Middle School, Moreton - 2nd Jul 2012 9:39pm
I remember Miss Ransom (could be Ranson) who was an art teacher. Miss Oliver who was a PE teacher. Mr Strawn who I think taught english. Mr Perry Deputy Head and Mr Skidmore who was the Headmaster.
This would have been in the 70's.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral