Forums
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Woodlands primary school - 9th Apr 2009 10:42pm
Anybody got any memories of the OLD Woodlands primary school??
Posted By: Mark Re: Woodlands primary school - 10th Apr 2009 7:43am
Check out the Schools Forum Click me smile
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Woodlands primary school - 11th Apr 2009 4:54pm
Cheers Mate but it's not there.
Posted By: Mark Re: Woodlands primary school - 12th Apr 2009 8:54pm
Feel free to start a new topic smile
Posted By: chris58 Re: Woodlands primary school - 14th Apr 2009 8:11pm
I went until I was 6, hated every minute of it. Remember Miss Byrne the head, Miss Bruce, Miss Woodend and Miss Robinson. Not my happiest of memories
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Woodlands primary school - 15th Apr 2009 3:56pm
Miss Byrne rings a bell but none of the others that you have mentioned.When I was there it was a Mr.Reece and then Mrs.Goodwin took over (with Mr.Gardham in between)as the head teacher.do you remember Mrs.Nicholson and Mr.Levvet or Miss Horne who played netball for wales and would mention it every oppotunity she got?? lol
Posted By: margymoo Re: Woodlands primary school - 26th Jul 2010 8:31pm
I left there in 76 and can remember mr Bethell the headteacher before Mr Reece, Mr Gardham retired last year from the 'new' woodlands as both my daughters go there, I loved the fact that we had a swimming pool, skanky as it was, it was bloody brilliant, getting changed in the boiler house, Ive got pics of it but don't know how to put them on as its my 1st time today, haven't even been on facebook!!!
Oh while im at it, can anyone remember the spooky staircase that went up and around Mr reece's office?
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Woodlands primary school - 13th Jun 2011 9:55pm
Hi i joined The Woodlands aound 1956 till 1962 i bet theres not
many on here that can say that think

Maggie Davies was the head then,and later Mr Bethell
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Woodlands primary school - 17th Jun 2011 10:22pm
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Hi i joined The Woodlands aound 1956 till 1962 i bet theres not
many on here that can say that think

Maggie Davies was the head then,and later Mr Bethell

I've just found this pic,can anyone name the lads

Attached picture untitled.JPG
Posted By: MiglioMarilyn Re: Woodlands primary school - 8th Nov 2011 2:43pm
I can I was there from 1947 to 1952 my teacher was mrs morris in 1952 I remember mrs davies was a music teacher and mr bethel also mr martin
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Woodlands primary school - 28th Jun 2012 12:18pm
I Went there about 1973 -79,I follow my Two brothers and Older sister then my little sister went. Had some good times and bad but like many pupil i just got on with it..
Posted By: fiftyfiver Re: Woodlands primary school - 28th Jun 2012 1:54pm
I was there from 1942 to 1946, Miss Jones was the Maths teacher, mine was Miss Hughes, stern and nasty, used the ruler too easily.
Posted By: Ollyolly Re: Woodlands primary school - 12th Aug 2012 6:56pm
Yes, I attended The Woodlands until I was seven years old, but I believe I started at four in 1931. I certainly can't remember any classmates, but the headmistress is very clear in my mind but her name escapes me. I was disgraced for not coming straight home from school. My mother gave me a note which I unwittingly took to school sealing my fate. I remember we used to have cardboard money in class and I took two pennies and tried to make a call from a phone box! There was a sort of underground area at the back part of the building where we played.. My mother used to bring me a hot drink at playtime and pass it through the railings.
Posted By: margymoo Re: Woodlands primary school - 12th Aug 2012 7:23pm
Thats mr bethell for sure, later to be head teacher
Posted By: jimmy3 Re: Woodlands primary school - 6th Sep 2017 11:16am
I attended the Woodlands School from 1931 to 1934. I lived in the Woodland Terrace, and there was a gate at the end of the terrace leading into the School. I can only remember one classmate "Timbo Woods" I remember playing the Tar Baby in Enid Blytons Story. Jimmy 3
© Wirral-Wikiwirral