Forums
Posted By: Mark Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 10th Jun 2007 10:18pm
Birkenhead Sixth Form College
Park Road West
Claughton
Merseyside
CH43 8SQ

--------
Was this your College ?
Posted By: Pomp Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 11th Jun 2007 6:19pm
I went there! laugh It was good wen i was there but since i left i didnt know
any one else except a couple of ppl who stayd for the 3rd year.

Its a gd sixthform, teachers want you to pass!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 11th Jun 2007 7:45pm
I went there too.

Twas quite good
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 17th Apr 2009 11:29am
I was at BSFC from 1991-1993 doing A-levels and resitting Maths GCSE several times learn
Posted By: Wench Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 17th Apr 2009 7:19pm
It's my current college and has been since 2006 happy Staff are great, support staff are excellent. Nothing but praise for it clap
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 17th Apr 2009 8:52pm
I went to do as psy. at nite school and found that the tutor treated us like 'young people'. Done my head in and so i got a reimbursement-i'm 30 bloody 6 not 17!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 17th Apr 2009 8:53pm
was it peter howarth?
went there for 6 months but treated me pathetically. they couldn't understand my hand writing (everyone else can) and hated the way i did things. so we agreed to disagree and so i left. been at Wirral Met since and loving it
Posted By: Peachy Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 30th Apr 2009 8:55am
Originally Posted by MissGuided
I was at BSFC from 1991-1993 doing A-levels and resitting Maths GCSE several times learn

snap about the GCSE, i've failed it 5 times haha.

I was only there a year 2006-2007, i hated it so much, i even had to pay them £100 towards my exam entry as i was never in!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dawnie Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 13th Aug 2011 10:39pm
I went to BSFC from 1989-1991, doing A'Levels.

Dawnie xx
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 14th Aug 2011 6:14am
I went there from 96 - 99 had a brilliant time there, met some friends for life. Plus they had a gym and a pub 2 mins away. I think I was won over by the video they bought to high school showing what an amazing time you could have there with the background music of Shiny Happy people playing in the background smile
Posted By: hoseman Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 14th Aug 2011 9:49am
WELL i went there Friday afternoon AND Sat morning!!!
Working tho!!
They just demolished the old taxi rank on the corner, one of the demolition machines had major probs....sorted 6 hrs work tho!!
Just out of curiosity, but was this taxi hut/rank a public loo at some time??
only that a lot odf the bricks in the pile were the curved ceramic glazed ones found in the old public loos!
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 14th Aug 2011 9:55am
Isnt Rock Ferry High school students going to Birkenhead sixth form college?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 14th Aug 2011 12:52pm
Originally Posted by Becky02
Isnt Rock Ferry High school students going to Birkenhead sixth form college?
Rock Ferry High doesn't/didn't have a 6th form in recent years.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 14th Aug 2011 2:05pm
rock ferry students are going to amalgamate with park high officially but in reality they are closing rocky and pushing all the kids into park high.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 14th Aug 2011 2:16pm
its the university acadamy of birkenhead, rocky students are going to be bussed up their next year then make their own way up from then on. all the jobs had to be reapplied for from both schools.
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 24th Nov 2011 9:31pm
Originally Posted by dave_h
its the university acadamy of birkenhead, rocky students are going to be bussed up their next year then make their own way up from then on. all the jobs had to be reapplied for from both schools.

It's funny reading that. When I started high school back in '84, I desperately wanted to go to Park High (where my mates went, plus it was a bit nearer for me).

In the event I could only get in to Rocky Ferry (or the BI). Most kids I knew only got into Park High if they had a sibling already there or a medical reason, it was a highly sought after school back then. As it happens, I went to Rock Ferry from 1984-1989. No regrets of course, but if that was now, then I would have ended up effectively back in the successor to Park High anyway. For some reason that amuses me slightly. laugh

As for this thread, I attended the Sixth Form College from 1989-1991 and my teacher from Rock Ferry moved to the college with me and was still my teacher in the college! (A few of the Rock Ferry teachers moved to the college in 1989).
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 24th Nov 2011 9:53pm
Also was going to mention when I walked past the Shrewsbury Road side of the Sixth Form college earlier this year, I noticed they've got a new building on the site, which wasn't there back in my day.
Posted By: mb2496 Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 4th Jan 2012 11:17am
That's the Paxton Building and has been there since about 1997/8.
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: Birkenhead Sixth Form College, Claughton - 23rd Feb 2012 5:15pm
Originally Posted by mb2496
That's the Paxton Building and has been there since about 1997/8.

Thanks for the reply mb2496. Didn't know it'd been there that long! I've been through Claughton village quite a few times since then, but for some reason, I only noticed that building when I actually walked along that stretch of Shrewsbury Road.

Also, I noticed there was some sort of building/renovation work going on around there the day I walked past, perhaps this is why I thought the building was new. I guess it must have been something else going on. laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral