Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 10th Jun 2007 10:15pm
Wirral Grammar School for Girls
Heath Road
Bebington
Merseyside
CH63 3AF

--------
Was this your School ?
Posted By: jellebaby Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 13th Jan 2008 10:27am
Yup! Was sooo much fun!!!! learn
my mum went there
Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 11th Aug 2008 9:41pm
I went there - 1981-1986
I go here laugh ! Nearly finished for uni now though. Its such a good school x
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 14th Nov 2009 6:26pm
I went there too, boys side though 90-96
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 14th Nov 2009 7:26pm
Therefore you should post in the Wirral Boys section Andy, like me raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 14th Nov 2009 9:46pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
I went there too, 90-96

I always had my doubts about your masculinity Andy..

tease
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 14th Nov 2009 10:14pm
OOOps lol.
Posted By: HazelF Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 6th Mar 2010 11:34pm
I was there 1949-51 before my family emigrated to South Africa
(Hazel Moore)
So many Grammer School boys and girls!

Welcome to the Machine Hazel.
i went heree smile 2002-2007
so did my mum, uncle, sister smile
Posted By: woodley Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 6th May 2011 2:40pm
Yes - me too, way back when. Also my brother, mother and aunt.
Posted By: Jule71 Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 18th May 2011 11:11am
I had a best friend by the name of Rachel Shepard, she lived in Brookhurst Ave, Bromborough and went to Wirral grammer, she will be aound 38-40 now, anybody know of her.. Would love to see her again .... xx
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 18th May 2011 12:18pm
I was there 1957-62. HATED IT.
Here's a postcard showing the Girls school(who'd make a postcard of a school?)

Attached picture WirralGrammarGirlsT.jpg
Posted By: sandstorm Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 22nd Dec 2011 9:43am
I was at the Grammar School for boys next-door in the 80's, and although there was no official divide between the boys and girls the teachers were always on the prowl to ensure that no-one went over "to the other side". I always remember the sweet shop opposite the girls school was packed before and after school! I have a vague memory of a girl being hit in the head with a javelin?!
Posted By: Rhoobarb Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 31st Dec 2011 12:09pm
Originally Posted by sandstorm
I was at the Grammar School for boys next-door in the 80's, and although there was no official divide between the boys and girls the teachers were always on the prowl to ensure that no-one went over "to the other side". I always remember the sweet shop opposite the girls school was packed before and after school! I have a vague memory of a girl being hit in the head with a javelin?!

Ahh The Crest, a top source of panini footy stickers before junior school.

There was a girl hit and killed by a javelin it was about 86ish.

Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 31st Dec 2011 12:35pm
She was my friend - Samantha Atherton. It was 1983 frown
Posted By: Christo Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 29th Apr 2015 9:25pm
I went here 1980-1985.

Wench, I remember that awful Sports Day - my best mate was due to throw just after the girl who threw the javelin. I didn't actually see it, thank goodness - I was doing the Shot Putt at the time.

The whole school felt like limbo whilst waiting for news on how she was.

I think I remember Sami to look at - long blonde hair, if I remember correctly?

Such a waste of a young life - so sorry for your loss too.
The unfortunate javelin incident has raised its head again in the media https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-killed-classmate-javelin-sports-16521016

I'm not so happy she is using this incident to promote her book.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Bebington - 15th Jun 2019 2:42pm
Never heard of that tragic incident. We had similar at Birkenhead Institute playing fields Ingleborough road around 1975. A pupil Barry Hawkins launched the javelin messing around and it hit a Kevin Hindley smack in the forehead. Thankfully just a hole in head and not a fatality,.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral