Merseyside
CH44 3HS

--------
Was this your School ?
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 13th Mar 2008 2:51pm
I went to this school! hahaha

2001-2006
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 4th May 2009 9:06pm
Me too! The old mount pleasant rd site. 83-89. Good array of jiggers and backstreets for fag -break time. Lol
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 4th May 2009 9:49pm
haha i was only born in 89 frown but i did go to the mount pleasant road one for 3 years.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 4th May 2009 10:36pm
..on Mount Pleasant Road.

The school was originally established at Concert Hall in Manor Road in 1883 and was owned by a private company. It then moved down the road onto the corner of Stringhey Road. The school was taken over in 1906 by Cheshire County Council and in 1909 moved to a new building on Mount Pleasant Road before closing in 2004.

Attached picture scan0001.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 4th May 2009 10:52pm
Great pic. Thanks. Can see my old form room-3h in 1985/6
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 11:02am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Me too! The old mount pleasant rd site. 83-89. Good array of jiggers and backstreets for fag -break time. Lol

We smoked behind the drama studio wink

The tennis court was in front of that and then the main building with the staffroom window looking right across. They must have seen the smoke rising... laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 11:59am
That staff room was a smoke fog! Remember the maths teacher-blond hair, red nails, horrible cow-she smoked like a trooper!
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 12:16pm
I remember trashing a room, it was upstairs but then you went down stairs then down another set of stairs in that class room, next to the hall.

I'd be well angry if my kid did something like that.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 12:28pm
Is that on the lower site peachy? The haunted room alledgly-did the ouji board there.
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 12:59pm
yer lower, It was in a maths room which you could lock from the inside then you went down some more stairs to a little room.

I also remember locking our German teacher in the cupboards that they had with only a handle on the outside hahaha!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 1:07pm
Pmsl! Science teacher loked me in the cubby with porthole-i was arsing about and he thru the board duster at me.
I was a pain in the arse in school- i got the most green slips in the emtire school 3yrß running
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 1:14pm
Haha our class was really bad, i wasnt that bad until about year 9, 10 and then i hardly went to school in yr 11 but if i was i would just sit off.

I also remeber setting the grab-bag bags on fire and left them in one of the lunch rooms they used to open for you to sit in, haha spent the hole day with Mr Boston.

Oh and on middle [not sure if it was there when you was] in science robbed some magnezem and then heated it up with the lighter and it goes all bright and sparkly well i droped it and it burnt a massive hole in the plastic flooring..

Ooo and flicking ink up the back of a sub teachers shirts.

Aww i miss school.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 1:28pm
Peachy! You were a NUTTER hon! Pmsl
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 1:33pm
Haha good times tho laugh
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 3:28pm
If you mean the little piggy teacher with the michelin man rolls who sweated buckets then yep I remember her well. I ALWAYS went for a fag after one of her lessons, couldn't stand her and I failed maths o'level. It would be her fault if I went bankrupt...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 3:41pm
Yeah little piggy. Drove a red porshe i fink?? Remember mr jönes-french-ate his fruit with a knife+ fork!
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 4:12pm
Hm don't remember him sorry I was taught that by a french woman and a bloody brilliant teacher. Older woman maybe late 40's with short dark hair and glasses. I passed o level french at a grade B with her - which was higher than my o level grade c in english haha laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 4:20pm
MiSs albenetti?
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 6th May 2009 6:18pm
Possibly, I honestly can't remember and the name doesn't sound familiar. It all seems sooooo longggg ago now.
Posted By: MediKated Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 9th Feb 2011 8:14pm
My daughters there now and I have to say that the new building has no personality what so ever, its very clinical, reminds me of arrowe park hospital!
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 28th May 2011 10:16pm
Ah, poor old WHS - I was there from '63 to '70. Went to a couple of open days in recent years, before it was reduced to rubble, and took pictures to remember it by. Leaky, draughty, impractical, and virtually impossible to convert to disabled access - would have cost a fortune to keep it usable - but I have some fond memories of the place nevertheless; even of the holly trees down past the side of the netball courts! In my day, the older girls might just push a new girl into their prickly embrace as a kind of welcome! They didn't try it with me...
Posted By: Fatfairy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 28th May 2011 11:16pm
I went there from 73-76 i think
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 28th May 2011 11:27pm
83-89. Remember how great it felt, to be part of the Centenary Celebrations. Lol
Posted By: Bubble Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 31st Aug 2011 2:59pm
Even though me and my friends spent 5 years at Wallasey High we have now become senile and can't remember the house names. We recall St Catherine's,(blue) St Ursula's,(green) St Margaret's(purple) but although someone thought the fourth one was St Barbara's(red?)it doesn't sound right. Is there anyone out there with a better memory or are we actually right?
Posted By: Peachy Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 16th Jul 2013 10:13am
RIP Mr Boston!
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 1st Oct 2014 9:54pm
Yes, the fourth house was Barbara's. You're one up on me, remembering the colours though - I only remembered Margaret being purple, because that was my house and I had to paint a poster for it one year.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Weatherhead High School, Wallasey - 1st Oct 2014 10:15pm
I remember we used to come up at dinner time and "talk" to the girls in the swings and sometimes in the bowling green next door. Naughty girls :-))

Attached picture Untitled.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral