Wallasey
Merseyside
CH45 4RJ

--------
Was this your School ?
Posted By: krisGTi Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 11th Jun 2007 10:29pm
yep this was the school i went 2 an it was ok had a laff there
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 14th Oct 2008 12:45am
lol was miss jones still there?(head of year) or cabbage head (mr francis pe teacher)?
Mr ward? (pe teacher)
mrs blackstock? (pe teacher)

Who else went here?
Posted By: ScottVernon55 Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 6th Aug 2009 11:01pm
Mr Ward is still there, He is a prick , i went to school there, my uncle knocked mr ward out when he went to school there.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 7th Aug 2009 1:00am
When my son was in year 7 or 8 i had to go and get him coz he was ill.
As i walked thru 'peachy'-mr peach the head, ragged my cap off my head, screaming 'how many times have i said that 6th formers should not wear caps in the main buiding?'
I reacted defensivly at the time but secretly i still chuckle to meself!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 7th Aug 2009 7:32am
Peachy is not a patch on the Loach master
Posted By: LilBeechie Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 22nd Sep 2010 3:02am
Well i got permanently kicked out by Mr Peach in yr 8 for sumthin i didnt even do
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 19th Aug 2011 10:35pm
The head before Mr Loach was Mr Williams...he was scary!! lol. Mr Ward retired last Xmas, still as fat and unfit as ever!! Mr Ollerhead was still there until the summer hols then he retired. I loved my time at Oldershaw.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 19th Aug 2011 10:47pm
i went there, why are you asking mark?
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 2:03pm
I went to Oldershaw from 1990 to 1997. Good times. Thing it went downhill though in the late 1990s. One of the most infamous incident that happened while I was the there was the arrest and conviction of one of the Art teachers. Anyone else remember this.

The day before the end of the 1992 summer holidays I heard the news headlines on Radio Merseyside. A teacher, Mr D-------, had been charged with child abuse. Bit of a shock but the guy was weird and very much a bible-basher. He used to cut all the naked paintings out of the art textbooks. Said they were "the work of the devil".
Turned out he'd been taking choir boys back to his house and "wrestling" with them. Naughty boy! It was the talk of all the kids for a few days. Personally, I thought some of the P.E. teachers were a bit dodgy too. I'm sure any of the lads who went there around this time will know who I mean.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 2:12pm
Another incident I remember involved Mr. Loach. During an Upper School assembly, he informed us all that someone had taken a turd and used it to write on and vandalise the walls of the boy's toilets. Of course he didn't use the word turd but instead called it "excretion". Loachy was so serious and condemned the criminal as a "disgusting little individual". I was desperately trying not to laugh but it was very difficult. What could be funnier? Almost everyone was desperate to burst out laughing, even the teachers.

Unfortunately, the perpetrator was never caught and this crime remains unsolved.
Posted By: birket Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 3:08pm
Does anyone remember a pupil called asimon Martin from moreton ?
Posted By: arwen444 Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 4:06pm
does anyone remember a teacher whos nickname was hotdog (coz he looked like one) i seem to remember he married an ex pupil. i saw that he died last year. mr williams was head when i was there and a scarey man. mr cefai was the english teacher, wonder what happened to him. he looked the image of the yorkshire ripper poor man
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 6:12pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
I went to Oldershaw from 1990 to 1997. Good times. Thing it went downhill though in the late 1990s. One of the most infamous incident that happened while I was the there was the arrest and conviction of one of the Art teachers. Anyone else remember this.

The day before the end of the 1992 summer holidays I heard the news headlines on Radio Merseyside. A teacher, Mr D-------, had been charged with child abuse. Bit of a shock but the guy was weird and very much a bible-basher. He used to cut all the naked paintings out of the art textbooks. Said they were "the work of the devil".
Turned out he'd been taking choir boys back to his house and "wrestling" with them. Naughty boy!

Yes I remember this. Surely it's ok to name him as he was convicted for the naked wrestling? He's got a website now selling his paintings.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 6:27pm
Touchstone I remember him, if you mentioned god outloud in his class he used to go off his head, really strange character.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 8:06pm
I just checked out his website. I notice he neglects to mention his adventures at Oldershaw and subsequent time spent at H.M. pleasure. I wont mention his name though as he's done his time. Hopefully he's come out a better individual and not still pretending to be Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin.

Yeah Ste. He was a total nutter in class. And the way he played the piano in assembly was quite an experience. Looked like he was almost having an orgasm as he bashed away at the piano.
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 8:21pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Touchstone I remember him, if you mentioned god outloud in his class he used to go off his head, really strange character.

Haha yeah he used to flip! Needless to say God was mentioned by us on a regular basis during his lessons
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 8:51pm
Originally Posted by LippyBitch
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Haha yeah he used to flip! Needless to say God was mentioned by us on a regular basis during his lessons

raftl same here lol, used to wind him ip something rotten haha laugh
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 9:17pm
Looking back it's obvivous he was unhinged but as a kid I loved winding him up and watching him go! laffin
Posted By: Tombraider Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 9:27pm
Looking back it's obvivous he was unhinged but as a kid I loved winding him up and watching him go! laffin
laugh
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 17th Sep 2011 9:30pm
Originally Posted by Tombraider
laugh
haha laugh
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 29th Sep 2011 9:03pm
Saw Mr Loach walking down Wallasey Road last week. Didn't look any older except for being a bit greyer on top.

Anybody remember Mr Nolan, nicknamed Sinn Fein because he looked like Gerry Adams. Or Mr McDonagh, the Geography teacher who used to play Rochdale when he was younger? Good blokes. Some mates and I played cricket with them in Central Park on evening.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 29th Sep 2011 9:09pm
What about Mr Guise (think that`s how you spell it )perve any way
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 29th Sep 2011 9:15pm
He had a daughter in the year above me. Think he still lives on Claremount Road. Not a bad bloke though even though he may or may not have been a perv. But aren't all male teachers? I actually think it's a job requirement to be PE teacher. Being a perv that is.
Posted By: carcol2006 Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 30th Sep 2011 7:01pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
What about Mr Guise (think that`s how you spell it )perve any way
Philip Guise was a biology /science teacher when I went there he started in 1971/72 and he was wacky and he did seem to like the girls. Does anyone remember Miss Wakefield I used to be in love with her and was devastated when she married Mr Coates.
Posted By: carcol2006 Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 30th Sep 2011 7:08pm
Originally Posted by arwen444
does anyone remember a teacher whos nickname was hotdog (coz he looked like one) i seem to remember he married an ex pupil. i saw that he died last year. mr williams was head when i was there and a scarey man. mr cefai was the english teacher, wonder what happened to him. he looked the image of the yorkshire ripper poor man
Hot dog was a man called Dave Watson he taught me at Withensfield and then he followed me to Oldershaw stalker or what he was actualy a very good teacher and yes he did marry an ex pupil,he also was involved with Ashville football club sorry to hear of his passing he was a good man if a little bit short tempered.
Posted By: ianyam Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 1st Oct 2011 1:17pm
Hi, yes remember him well. I left Oldershaw 1981. Mr Lusty (History & Rugby) is on friends reunited.
Posted By: arwen444 Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 1st Oct 2011 2:07pm
i left in 1981 too!!!
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 2nd Oct 2011 10:03am
Is Mr Lusty still alive? I heard he popped his cloggs a few years ago. I remember him taking our History class years go. He said Oldershaw started going downhill when they started letting kids in from Seacombe and Poulton. About half the class were from those places but he didn't give a toss.
Posted By: Paulie Re: The Oldershaw School, Wallasey, - 2nd Jul 2012 9:44pm
John Holland was my teacher, great man but very strict. Sorry to hear HotDog Watson died, he dealt with the under achievers when I was there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral