Was this your School ?
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 11th Jun 2007 10:31pm
also went here 4 sixform an a dident really like it
Posted By: chev_chelios mosslands school,wallasey - 19th Aug 2011 11:59pm
was this your school?

mr scudamore lol
Posted By: sparky Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 10:21am
My son went to Mosslands
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 10:21am
Got the cane off Scudamore for bunking .
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 11:10am
Crap school
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 11:50am
i got caught along with many others playing poker with cash on table by scudamore...p p p p penguin
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 1:43pm
my 2 lads went there..i don't rate it too highly
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 1:54pm
My friends kids go here,and she dosent think to hight about it
Posted By: Stegga Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 7:19pm
Went to Mosslands myself, Mr Margates, the little midget, swanning around the school in his bat-cape? What was all that about? It was a poxy comprehensive school not Eton.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 7:22pm
got the cane of Batman margates lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 8:21pm
I went to Mosslands, thought it was a good school. Mr Scudamore was deputy head and my house master was Mr Lovely. Deputy house master was Mr Burn, huge guy, ex-wrestler.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 8:24pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
I went to Mosslands, thought it was a good school. Mr Scudamore was deputy head and my house master was Mr Lovely. Deputy house master was Mr Burn, huge guy, ex-wrestler.
what year? remember lovely and burn.
Posted By: Billynomates Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 20th Aug 2011 9:15pm
Think Doc.Stewart used to teach Physics back in the 70's and 80's.

Mr.Reynolds and Mrs.Fenna taught French.

Mr.Fenna & Mr.Burns taught Art.

Taffy Adams taught sport. Think he used to be a rugby referee.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 12:30am
Mr Burn was the art teacher, damn intimidating. I was there 1982 to 1985. My metalwork teacher was Peter Dawson, used to call him Percy, he called us by our first names which was unusual in that school.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 12:41am
where did u go in 85 lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 2:30am
anyone remember Ms canner from lower school she made a point of being Ms not miss lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 8:54am
Originally Posted by beer_money
where did u go in 85 lol

Work
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 10:25am
mr lovely .....lol forgot about him

mr margettes was a great bloke, let me smoke fags n drink coffee with him during latin in his office smile

fenna ...what a **** he was somad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 10:25am
Yes great school, I went there and my oldest, also hoping to get me other two in there. They work very hard to bring the best out of the kids, they are very strict and don't let the kids run riot all over Wallasey like some.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 12:19pm
Mz Canner was definately getting it on with Mr Pearson when i was in Mosslands....their room was always locked at breaktime....but she was hot , in her tight brown leather pants..
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 12:22pm
Mr Burn was the art teacher, damn intimidating. I was there 1982 to 1985. My metalwork teacher was Peter Dawson, used to call him Percy, he called us by our first names which was unusual in that school.

I probably know you...was Mr Dawson the little round fella that looked like ....Les Dawson????
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 12:23pm
i remember the school as being very strict, is it still like that today as i will be having to decide on a school for my youngest in the next couple of years?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 8:30pm
Mr Dawson was that little guy, yes. I was in 3/4/5 G1. Grenfell house, I think it was. Teacher was French, can't remember his name.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 21st Aug 2011 9:45pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
Mz Canner was definately getting it on with Mr Pearson when i was in Mosslands....their room was always locked at breaktime....but she was hot , in her tight brown leather pants..

They were married when I was there. One day she asked me to go and get some books out of her car....a brand new sierra xr4x4! I nearly creamed myself when I sat in it lol
She used to be a rally driver apparently and always hammered down mosslands drive
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 2:03am
Mr Dawson was that little guy, yes. I was in 3/4/5 G1. Grenfell house, I think it was. Teacher was French, can't remember his name.
was it mr guyomar? did u not do 2 years at lower mosslands
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 7:58am
Mr Guyomar sounds right, I know it started with a 'G'. There was no Lower Mosslands when I started there, we had middle schools. I went to Gorsedale, which is now a housing estate.
Posted By: Billynomates Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 9:43am
Always thought Monsieur Guyomar looked a bit like Captain Nemo what with that white hair and beard of his!

Other teachers were Mr.Haigh and Mr.Robinson who both taught English.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 2:27pm
he had an assistant in French lessons in my 4th year Pierre head lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 2:39pm
mr wood "hotdog"
mr Thomas "Basil fawlty"
mrs wesencraft
mr hill
mr Smith
mr Whitehead
mr duggan
mr lyon
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 6:20pm
Mr Mckinnon
Mr Stopforth
Mr Curry
Robyn Hill... the craziest R.E teacher ever
Mrs Cooper
Mr Smith x2 ..Faradays house master was a psycho
Mr Burn
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 22nd Aug 2011 6:34pm
yeah mr hill was a madhead
Posted By: Wal79 Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 15th Mar 2012 4:21pm
I went there from 1991 - 1996, The Scud was still around, Mr Thompson, Mr Yarrington, Mrs Coates.

When I was in lower school Mr McKinnon taught me, he was sound!!! My form tutor in upper site was Mr Thomas, Basil Fawlty smile
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 15th Mar 2012 11:41pm
I was there 78 - 83; form teachers Reid, Corcoran, Byrne (3G1, 4G1, 5G1); can't remember who it was in 6th form, although I think Mrs Gourlay took us for a while. Lovely was housemaster as already said by several people.
Posted By: Andrew_Wirral Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 3rd May 2012 9:40pm
I was there 1982-1985; 1982 was the year Somerville Middle School closed down for good, I got the cane three days before the end of the very last term there (Was I the last ever? I'll never know). Mr Dunn was the headmaster at Somerville and transferred to Mosslands - anyone remember his green VW Campervan?

Going back to Mosslands, Mr Margates and his Bat Cape! Did he wear a mortar board as well? Charles 'Penguin' Scudamore, I heard he shot his toes off so he didn't have to go to war hence his penguin walk, but that was probably made up.

John Thompson was my form teacher, a great guy. I remember Mrs Wessencraft (English Lit), Mr Fenna (Art), he used to make pupils put the unused paint back into the paint bottles!

A great school and many fond memories.

Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 3rd May 2012 11:01pm
I heard that M Guyomar died recently - apparently he'd moved to New Zealand.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 3rd May 2012 11:36pm
Mr Watson aka hotdog died a year or 2 ago. I knew him from Rockville.
Posted By: the_kwan Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 4th May 2012 7:07am
I went to mosslands and left in 1981, Mr Mitchell was the headmaster and it was a great school...happy days.
Posted By: PhilH Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 5th May 2012 10:55am
I left in 1977 ....Form teacher was Miss Hale. She thought she was gorgeous in her short skirts but had legs big enough to keep the Wallasey flyover from sinking into Bidston Moss!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 6th May 2012 6:34pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose

yes they where getting it on, there room was right by where we lined up for lunch, she was bang tidy, nice tight trousers,

i was in farraday and had many run inns with mr smith,

mr harkness and mr yarrington where good teachers

mr hill was my RE teacher in lower school, he used to smoke his pipe in class, my burn scared the shite out of me, and mr fenna used to spit at you when he spoke to you,
Posted By: singingbobby Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 16th Apr 2017 10:41am
Judging by the standard of spelling and grammar from those who have posted about how bad the school was it seems that I did well to have attended it before the advent of comprehensive "education"! By the way, Mr "Margates" was, was, in fact, Mr Margetts (Norman). We knew him as "Telstar" due to his tinted glasses which, at the time, were quite exotic and high tech.
Posted By: venice Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 16th Apr 2017 3:03pm
Ah, welcome singeingbobby ! Nothing like a bit uv old fashunnned grammur policing of are reszidents for a maiden powst eh. Loverly. Enjoy the forumm -
Posted By: keef666 Re: Mosslands School, Wallasey - 9th Mar 2018 6:03pm
Went to Wallasey Technical Grammar as it was called then, back in 1970 to 74 worst time of my life, the teachers should have worn Nazi armbands! anyway i think they are all dead now!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral