Forums
Posted By: Mark Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 10th Jun 2007 10:03pm
Prenton High School for Girls
Hesketh Avenue
Birkenhead
Merseyside
CH42 6RR

--------
Was this your School ?
Posted By: chiccy Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 22nd Jan 2008 10:29pm
yes this was mine!!!!

1998-2003!
how old r u chiccy?
Yes it was mine 88-93 same as chiccy smile
Posted By: chiccy Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 21st Sep 2008 8:39pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
how old r u chiccy?
31 sorry
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 21st Sep 2008 10:07pm
Originally Posted by boughtanpaid4
Yes it was mine 88-93 same as chiccy smile

ah so chiccy, not 1998-2003 then? hehe - was confused there... tut tut tellin porkies lol
Posted By: chiccy Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 22nd Sep 2008 8:56am
oh bugger never realised i did that haha 1988-1993 DOH!!!
Posted By: margymoo Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 26th Jul 2010 8:33pm
Yes it was mine, 82 - 86
Posted By: chris58 Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 26th Jul 2010 8:56pm
I was there from 1969 - 1974
Someone's got to mention it so .... this school is locally known as "Prenton Pram Pushers", which is self explanatory.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 26th Jul 2010 10:40pm
Diggingdeeper I entered this thread to post exactly what you posted, great minds think alike!
Posted By: margymoo Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 27th Jul 2010 7:14pm
Niot as bad as 'Park high', now they where the pram pushers xx
Posted By: Maisie Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 12th Mar 2011 2:03pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Someone's got to mention it so .... this school is locally known as "Prenton Pram Pushers", which is self explanatory.

Now, Now....I went there too...but I certainly wasn't one of the pram pushers...LOL!!
laffin
Posted By: Maisie Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 12th Mar 2011 2:05pm
I went there 80-84
Couldn't get out of there quick enough!!!
Posted By: Dawnie Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 13th Aug 2011 10:36pm
I also went to Prenton, was there from 1984-1989, was in the R classes.

Dawnie xx
Posted By: Lyn123 Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 7th Nov 2011 8:06pm
I went to Prenton Secondary Modern School, later known as Prenton High School. I was there from 1966 to 1973.
Mrs Dora Bigland was the Headmistress during part of my time there.She was a real stickler for discipline. She was a very petite lady, but she struck fear into us young ones. Everyone behaved when she was around.
Lyn blush
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 21st Nov 2011 2:01am
I can never remember the exact years I was there but I think it was 1975-79. The few teachers I can recall were Miss Chatterton (PE) Mrs Holcroft (cookery) Mrs Burls ( art) and Mrs Welch (maths)
Was never that keen on the place but did meet my two best friends with whom I'm still in touch with regularly after 30+ years so at least something good came from being there smile
Posted By: Nienna Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 21st Nov 2011 9:42am
I was there from 72 till 78.

The teachers that stick out in my mind were Miss Titley the cookery teacher, Miss Surfield... history, Miss Droppit.. geography.
We also had Miss Hough... science and Miss Cocker... who taught..well everything really, she and Miss Hough were retired teachers from another school who came to Prenton when their other school closed down.

The head teacher at the time was Miss Costa.. she always wore her graduation gown for assembly, and her deputy Miss Berry.... she was a strict one.... use to delight in giving out detentions for the whole school and making us all stand up through out while she rocked back and forth on her toes glaring at us...could almost hear her cackle!!

There was also a Mrs Summerfield and a Mr Jones... and lots more I have forgotten.
But in my day it was a very good school with very strict discipline and good teaching staff.
Lots of happy memories.

Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Prenton High School for Girls, Birkenhead - 23rd Nov 2011 1:22am
Originally Posted by Nienna
I was there from 72 till 78.

The teachers that stick out in my mind were Miss Titley the cookery teacher, Miss Surfield... history, Miss Droppit.. geography.
We also had Miss Hough... science and Miss Cocker... who taught..well everything really, she and Miss Hough were retired teachers from another school who came to Prenton when their other school closed down.

The head teacher at the time was Miss Costa.. she always wore her graduation gown for assembly, and her deputy Miss Berry.... she was a strict one.... use to delight in giving out detentions for the whole school and making us all stand up through out while she rocked back and forth on her toes glaring at us...could almost hear her cackle!!

There was also a Mrs Summerfield and a Mr Jones... and lots more I have forgotten.
But in my day it was a very good school with very strict discipline and good teaching staff.
Lots of happy memories.

Nienna we must have been there at roughly the same time then? I had forgotten the names of the teachers you mentioned but can picture them now!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral