Forums
Posted By: granny RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 8:25am
Today, Pinzgauer has informed me of some sad news, and he has asked me to inform friends and members on Wikiwirral of the passing of Chriskay on Friday 26th August 2016.

Chris had reached 79yrs of age and I understand that his suffering had increased in recent months and he was finding life so much more of a struggle.

Chris was a long standing member, friend of many and his great contributions to Wikiwirral , particularly to the History section ,shall be stored for posterity.

He will be missed by many and I send my sincere sympathies to his family and friends .

May you find your peace, Chris. Thank you, goodnight and God Bless .
Helen.
Posted By: cools Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 8:44am
Oh so sorry to hear this news Granny, he had said how ill he was and how prepared when it happened with his wishes. He will be missed as he was very knowledgable and just seemed a very nice man. R. I. P. Chris...
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 8:49am
I am sad to hear this news.Many a time Chris made a wonderful contribution to the Forum.

Love to all his family and friends.

May Chris not only rest in peace but rise in glory.

Thank you Granny for your lovely text.
Posted By: Dilly Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 8:55am
Good night to the Wise old owl.x
Posted By: snowshoes Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 12:50pm
Good Bye Chris. You will be missed.
Sad news indeed.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 1:49pm
Thanks for the memories,
Rest in peace Chris.
Posted By: buddy Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 1:53pm
Very sad, and yes he will be missed on this forum.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 2:46pm
Sorry to hear this - Chriskay will be missed but well remembered here.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 2:51pm
Free from pain and at peace, farewell Chris.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 3:31pm
Chris and I corresponded privately on numerous occasions, and although I never had the privilege of meeting him in person I always considered him to be a thoroughly decent man. I will miss him. R.I.P.
Posted By: j_demo Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 3:57pm
Really sorry to hear this news. He will be missed but definitely not forgotten! RIP Chriskay
Posted By: mikeeb Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 4:07pm
This is sad sad news frown
Was just getting to know him and this news is really sad frown
His brain was as sharp as anyone's right up to the end and I will miss his posts greatly
Wish I knew him personally
Goodbye, RIP Chris wink

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 4:08pm
We will all miss Chriskay!!

He will remain part of wiki forever!!....lynne

(Thanks for the post granny!)

(Keep your chin up pinz)
Posted By: yoller Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 4:15pm
Very sad news. I never knew Chris personally, but always looked forward to his posts, especially in the History section - where he generously shared his extensive knowledge. He will be greatly missed.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 4:15pm
Very sad news for the WikiWirral community and for his family. Condolences to all. Beautiful kind words Granny.
Posted By: starakita Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 4:54pm
sad news,will always be remembered on wiki RIP ChrisKay
Posted By: locomotive Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 5:20pm
Very sad news
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 7:23pm
A sad loss RIP.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 31st Aug 2016 8:53pm
Goodbye my friend. May Buddha bless you and guide you in whatever lies ahead.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 1st Sep 2016 10:26am
One of our stalwarts at the Guardians meets. RIP Chris, will miss your input.
Posted By: venice Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 1st Sep 2016 3:17pm
Bye Chris, you'll be missed. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 1st Sep 2016 11:00pm
So sorry to hear of the passing of Chriskay, I never met the man but enjoyed his posts on here which I found both insightful and well informed. I would like to extend my sympathy to his friends and family. RIP Chris.
Posted By: NBSM51 Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 1st Sep 2016 11:06pm
Sorry to get this news,
Many of his postings always seemed to kindle memories of long ago,
God Bless
R.I.P
Posted By: valli Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 2nd Sep 2016 9:14am
So sad to read this news .Farewell Chris, Free from pain now. Thank you for all your contributions to the History section on Wiki.RIP
Posted By: casper Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 2nd Sep 2016 7:26pm
Sad news, I never knew him personally but followed many of his posts, RIP Chris.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 2nd Sep 2016 11:06pm
I am still gutted frown
I can look through the history forums on this site which is so extensive (I haven't even scratched the surface) and the topics have been discussed and exhausted by the veteran members meaning there is nothing left to discuss because it has already been said, and to reopen that topic by me or anyone else is a 'hope' there is more to be added which has not been known before. I brought up an old topic which Norton added extra info which was new to the thread and it was alive again
Originally Posted by Norton
More questions than answers again...
smile
There was more to find out
Originally Posted by chriskay
There was probably some equipment in the stations which was operated by compressed air; maybe the lift doors.

Hey Norton, we didn't find out what those tanks were for wink
He was always interested in new history

I created a topic on the Birkenhead tunnel ventilation shafts, which Chris was quick and abrupt to point out that there was an older post regarding this subject
Abrupt as he was, Chris still conversed and showed an interest in discussing this interesting subject in great detail
Chris started bringing up old threads and I loved it, and others did too Mersey Ferry
Look why he joined wiki here
Me too here smile

Older people deserve respect, there knowledge should never be forgotten and wiki has there personal stories and experiences in abundance readily available to anyone

Chris, I don't believe in an afterlife but if there is, please tell me what those tanks on James st station were for grin

RIP buddy
Posted By: granny Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 3rd Sep 2016 12:45pm
Chris liked poetry and one of his favourite poets was Robert Frost.

He posted this poem on the 'Favourite Poems' thread in 2011 as one of his favourites.

Robert Frost (1874ā€“1963). Mountain Interval. 1920.

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and Iā€”
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Posted By: cools Re: Chriskay - 3rd Sep 2016 12:58pm
That's a fitting tribute to Chris Granny, very poignant . Wherever Chris be I bet he'll be letting his opinions known and having his say.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Chriskay - 3rd Sep 2016 1:14pm
Yes Granny very nice. None of us ever really know which road will be the best road in life. All we can know is every road leads us to somewhere. I hope Chris is now on the road to peace.
Posted By: Mark Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 3rd Sep 2016 1:20pm
I am sad to read the passing of a good friend and a Gentleman Chris Kay. Our last private message was only 10 days ago and no indication of things getting bad. Last text he sent me 13th August and our last chat on the phone 26th July, he was telling me all about his new mobile scooter and and how he can get in to the car... Even planing to meet up at his next visit.

Chris contributed so much time to the History forums. What many did not see that he went back over old posts and corrected the grammar and spelling as only chris could and would. But he wanted to make it as accurate as possible and not a spelling war as we also got engaged into, but that was Chris.

Chris was a great character and he will be missed for so many positive reasons.
I'm a better person for Knowing Chris and we are all more informed because of him.

Rest in Peace my Good Friend.
I miss you already. .

Chris Kay
March 25 1937 - 26th August 2016
Posted By: jaki12 Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 3rd Sep 2016 8:05pm
So sorry to hear this. RIP chris.
Will be sadly missed by all.
Posted By: Mark Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 3rd Sep 2016 8:47pm
I found a couple picture of Chris at one of the many meets at Gallaghers Pub.

4th December 2015

Description: Chris Kay 1937 - 2016
Attached picture 2016-09-03 21.40.23.jpg

Description: With Friends (The Guardians)
Attached picture 2016-09-03 21.37.44.jpg
Posted By: oxtonmac Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 3rd Sep 2016 10:35pm
How sad .. R.I.P Chris.. wikiwirral's "The Oracle"
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 4th Sep 2016 7:41pm
So sorry to hear this. RIP Chris
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 5th Sep 2016 6:20am
Sad news.

Chris was also a car fan, my memories of him are from the CruiseWirral car meets at the Rock.

Rest in peace Chris.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 5th Sep 2016 11:02am
Very sad news, I also had the honor of meeting Chris on a few occasions over the years, top chap will be deeply missed..r.,I.p..
Posted By: billy_anorak59 Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 7th Sep 2016 9:35am
I've only just seen this - very sad. Chris was always informed and considered with his posts, and I think I would have liked to know him.

WikiWirral, and the History threads in particular have lost a stalwart, and a bedrock indeed.
RIP Chris.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 7th Sep 2016 10:04pm
I am so sorry to hear this... just over a fortnight ago he was kind enough to give me advice on a property I'm looking to buy. He came across as a nice gentleman - intelligent and knowledgeable, and I very much appreciated his thoughtful post.

My very deepest sympathies to Chriskay's family and friends. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: dingle Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Sep 2016 11:09pm
I just jumped on this fine not so sunny Sunday in the Blue Mountains in Australia. I am totally shocked. Wikiwirral has lost one of its stars, a man of great knowledge. I am so sorry to here of the passing of Chriskay. May you rest in peace. Thanks you.
Posted By: dingle Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 18th Sep 2016 12:04am
I just jumped on this fine not so sunny Sunday in the Blue Mountains in Australia. I am totally shocked. Wikiwirral has lost one of its stars, a man of great knowledge. I am so sorry to here of the passing of Chriskay. May you rest in peace. Thank you.
Posted By: Wilke Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 25th Sep 2016 8:20pm
Thank you, Chris, for all the help and support you have given so many of us on another forum. You will be greatly missed, but we are glad that you are now free of pain at last.

With gratitude and affection...
Posted By: Wilke Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 25th Sep 2016 11:46pm
Does anyone have a photo of Chris? I couldn't access the ones that Mark posted.

Thank you.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 26th Sep 2016 10:09am
So glad of the pics, cheers Mark and RIP Chris.
Posted By: Dilly Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 26th Sep 2016 10:16am
Originally Posted by Wilke
Does anyone have a photo of Chris? I couldn't access the ones that Mark posted.

Thank you.

Hi Wilke. I think you need to become a user plus member to access the images. Hope that helps .
Posted By: Wilke Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 26th Sep 2016 8:54pm
Yes, thanks.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 2nd Feb 2017 1:24pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wench Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Apr 2018 4:58pm
I've not been on here for a fair while, but was just thinking of Chris. My last message was from him on here and only just read it. I wish I had read it sooner now.

You gave the loveliest hugs, and will always remind me of my Dad. I will treasure our chats, hugs, laughs and cheeky bum pinches. I am so sorry that I never got to reply to you in time, but I hope that wherever you may be now, you are free from pain and all the constraints you endured towards the end. You were a true gentleman - they don't make them like you anymore!! More's the pity!!

If someone can let me know where he is interred, I would appreciate it, so that I can go and have one final chat with him before I am unable to travel.

See you on the other side Chris.

Much love
xxx
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Apr 2018 5:21pm
Wecome back Wench, if you have no luck here it might be worth getting in touch with the Friends of Storeton Woods http://www.friendsofstoretonwoods.org.uk/
Posted By: cools Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Apr 2018 5:39pm
I seem to remember Chris telling us of his wishes when he died. That his ashes be scattered in the little stream by him. Cant remember all details but he seemed very clear what he wanted...
Posted By: Wench Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Apr 2018 6:01pm
Thanks DD. Cools - I know it's a couple of counties over but can't remember.
Posted By: cools Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Apr 2018 6:22pm
Granny is the one to ask , think she was great friends with Chris and Pinz... They used to entertain us on here taking the Micky out of each other all good fun...
Posted By: Wench Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 17th Apr 2018 6:28pm
You should have heard the banter in the pub meets - The good old days frown
Posted By: Snodvan Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 26th Apr 2018 9:50pm
Often think of Chris
Always with affection and kind thoughts
He and I had many things in common, not the least being correct use of language and grammar. In those Chris was a long way ahead of me
Snod
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: RIP : Chris Kay - 3rd May 2018 9:56am
Just caught up on this one. RIP Chris. Smashing fellah and he knew what was coming and faced it with fortitude, though I imagine he must've had his down days as well. Will be missed if we ever get the pub meets going again. Once again RIP me old mucker.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral