Forums
Posted By: granny 1841 Death Certificates - 19th Mar 2016 5:14pm

Can anyone say if death certificates in 1841, had the deceased's age given, and if there would be any other personal details, please ?

Don't want to spend money if it's going to be a wasted effort.
Posted By: Norton Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 19th Mar 2016 5:44pm
I've just seen a 2002 copy of one for 1841. It includes a header for -

Year. Registration District and sub-district in the County of ...

Then columns for -
Entry number.
When and where died.
Name and Surname.
Sex.
Age.
Occupation.
Cause of Death.
Signature, description and residence of informant.
When registered.
Signature of Registrar.

Then signed and dated at the bottom.

So that seems to cover what you were looking for.
Posted By: granny Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 19th Mar 2016 6:56pm
It certainly does, Norton. Thanks for that. Very excited now ! There could be an answer to 20 years of searching. Brilliant .
Posted By: locomotive Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 19th Mar 2016 7:55pm
The interesting bit is who registered the death, I got one for 1850, the person who registered the death was a daughter to a previous marriage that I didn't know about, that led me to another branch of the family, and more work, worth it though.
Posted By: granny Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 19th Mar 2016 10:07pm
It can go on and on , can't it Loco ? My problem is that there are umpteen family members living in one area , all with the same surname, and all the families have a son called John.

Until his possible birth date is found, it's a constant circular motion, from which I am now dizzy to the extremes. Fun and interesting, but very infuriating.
Posted By: LATEBOY Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 26th Mar 2016 9:37am
Death Certs will give the age but all information given is by the informant so depending on the knowledge of the informant, will give place of death and name of informant and if they were present at the time of death
Posted By: granny Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 27th Mar 2016 12:39pm
Thanks LATEBOY. It is the only possible hope in this situation, so it's worth getting one, and see what it turns up.

Thanks
Posted By: granny Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 3rd Apr 2016 9:42pm
Ah ha ! Now there is one I've found and as all the John's are either builders or bricklayers I am assuming the same family, i.e. the one I am searching .

1822 , same name , late of Wolstanton in Staffs, bricklayer = debtors prison.

Haven't a clue how long people were kept in those places and I cannot find any records of where a debtors prison might be in that area, but I do think this is another lead to the very illusive John.

How sad. I bet it was really grim back then for those poor souls. There wouldn't be enough places for 'debtor's' these days, would there ?

Anyway, I'm still going to get around to the birth certificate.
Posted By: granny Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 3rd Apr 2016 11:02pm
You may be wondering how this fits in to Wirral. Well, it does and it doesn't. smile

It could have been his grandson who came to Wirral and married a Mullineaux about 1869 . He was a builder or bricklayer.

Thomas Mullineaux was grandfather of this family.

Does anyone know exactly where , East side of Seaview Road, Liscard is ?

Transcription

Enlarge image

Document Number: 0412075

Title: Deed of Partition

Date: 25 April 1878

SOLD - transcription available: £18.00

Condition:
Fair. Slightly grubby for its age.

Physical description:
Parchment : 8 sheets 23cm x 28cm with 10 wax seals and duty stamp. Includes plan of property.

Summary of contents
PARTIES
Thomas James Mullineux of Liscard, Cheshire. Farm Labourer.
David Evans Mullineux of Egremont, Cheshire. Butcher.
John Hindley Mullineux of Egremont, Cheshire. Butcher.
William Hindley Mullineux of Liscard, Cheshire. Plasterer.
Joseph Ezekeil Mullineux of Liscard, Cheshire. Plasterer.
Alfred Ezekeil Mullineux of Liscard, Cheshire. Stonemason.
Mary Jane, the wife of Alfred Walley of Liscard, Cheshire. Bricklayer.
James Mullineux of Liscard, Cheshire. Gentleman.
Frederick North of Liverpool, Lancashire. Gentleman.

SUBJECT
The indenture concerns a piece of land totalling 2900 square yards on the East side of the Sea View Road, Liscard, Cheshire. It is to be divided into 7 parts for the various members of the family.

The document begins by reciting the will of Thomas Mullineux of Liscard, Yeoman (dated 1847) which left this property to his son James Mullineux and son-in-law, Joseph Kitchin, in trust for the use of his son John Mullineux. John Mullineux died in 1876 leaving 8 children (6 sons named as parties to this deed, and 2 daughters, Mary Jane and Eliza Ann). Eliza Ann married Charles Harris and died in 1877 with no surviving children, with her share of the estate passing to Thomas James Mullineux.

After the partition, it appears that the whole property is sold (?) or leased (?) to Frederick North.

E:\Free family history search for original title deeds_files\0605010.htm
Posted By: granny Re: 1841 Death Certificates - 3rd Apr 2016 11:14pm

~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~

Good. Slightly crumpled but otherwise clean and in good condition.

Physical description:
Parchment : 2 sheets 45cm x 30cm with 3 wax seals, 3 signtures and revenue stamps.

Summary of contents
PARTIES
William MULLINEUX of Liscard, Cheshire. Contractor.
Charles Matthew JEE of Liverpool, Lancashire. Cotton Broker.
Alfred Clement KENT of Liverpool, Lancashire. Solicitor.

SUBJECT
The document begins by reciting that William Mullineux owes £250/2/1d to Charles Jee as a result of a High Court Judgement. He also owes Alfred Kent £6/9/11d.

He is settling both these debts by selling property in Liscard to Alfred Kent for £257/-/-d. It is on the North Side of Sea View Road, Liscard, and appears to have been acquired by William Mullineux in 1878 from Thomas James Mullineux.

www.familychest.co.uk Tel: 01525 383880 email [email protected]

© Wirral-Wikiwirral