Forums
Posted By: snowhite Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 12:51pm
[youtube]v=aEpn2OzQSU8&list=PLgJisDwtMlpqWvmXknYxaxm_kobkqoqbD[/youtube] Another interesting video.
Posted By: cools Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 1:02pm
Very sad isn't it. I wonder if that would still be here if there had been no fire. Probably not.i never got to go in there but I do remember the fairground and when I was older the pier used to have dances etc on. Good stuff Snowy.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 2:56pm
Utterly ruined by the idiotic, and completely inappropriate 'music'. Sadly, it is never Mozart or Bach.

Why is it that people seem to assume a din like this improves videos? Thank god for the Mute switch!
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 3:06pm
Yes, those where the days. I worked on the fairground. 10 bob
a day. Used to look for coins under the pier where dropped money
fell from between the planks. Found a can of unopened tobacco
on the shore one day.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 4:27pm
Originally Posted by snowshoes
on the shore one day.
Do you wish you could turn back the clock Snowshoes?
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 4:41pm
interesting question snowy. In many ways yes and in many ways
no. As now, there where a lot of pervs around but back then it
was never talked about, just swept under the carpet. All in all,
all things considered they where golden days and years.
How about you?
Posted By: starakita Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 7:04pm
on the shore one day.
you can still find things on the beach.I found 2 minature bottles of baileys still sealed & they were ok when I opened them.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 7:41pm
I remember the fire well, I used to play darts in the Wallasey League for our works team, we played in the Lake Pub then the Woodlands Pub, both in the Tower grounds, then we moved into the Tower Club itself, great times in there ,used to get lifts home on milk floats at silly times in the morning, sadly after the fire we packed it in.
Posted By: cools Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 7:56pm
Love your avatar by the way Snowy.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 10:26pm
Originally Posted by cools
Love your avatar by the way Snowy.
Thanks Cools.you should get one also.maybe a metal detecting one or one that you find that suits you.x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 10:41pm
Grandad is full of interesting stories about the Tower,Ballroom and surrounding areas such as the Lake- he makes me howl.

He has also name-dropped the person who people of a certain age may remember, a local- rumoured to be responsible for the fire. This person had a History of clubs/ pubs etc that also mysteriously caught fire. think seeyu
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 10:44pm
Originally Posted by starakita
on the shore one day.
you can still find things on the beach.I found 2 minature bottles of baileys still sealed & they were ok when I opened them.
Found a coconut on the beach by the Town Hall, which was a bit random.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 10:48pm
Originally Posted by starakita
on the shore one day.
Pity it was not vintage wine,you could have made a small investment there.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 10:55pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Utterly ruined by the idiotic, and completely inappropriate 'music'. Sadly, it is never Mozart or Bach.

Why is it that people seem to assume a din like this improves videos? Thank god for the Mute switch!
Thanks for the advice. Lol
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 13th Dec 2015 10:56pm
interesting question snowy. In many ways yes and in many ways
no. As now, there where a lot of pervs around but back then it
was never talked about, just swept under the carpet. All in all,
all things considered they where golden days and years.
How about you?
I agree snowshoes in what you say.
Posted By: casper Re: Wallasey-New BrightonTowersRise and Fall - 14th Dec 2015 11:11am
Yes good days, we lived off the prom, loved the shore found many a tin of baccy as snowshoes says some of it encased in globs of fuel oil ( at least I think it was )under the pier for dropped coins, same on the greenhill, around the slot machines in the Tower, the kids new the perverts one in particular they called the bumper man, so as soon as they appeared on the scene we all ran away, but the memory stays with you we all knew to run home and tell if they appoached us, but amazing yes there were a lot of pervs around just not given the publicity.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral