Forums
Posted By: granny Cheshire Sheaf - 29th Jan 2015 2:58pm
sorry to interrupt the transport topic, but if this is lost,I will not find it again.

Fascinating read : N.B.page 82, Birds House built 1627 !

It will take a little time whilst loading the search for Wallasey.

https://archive.org/stream/cheshiresheaf00unkngoog#page/n90/mode/2up/search/wallasey
Posted By: chriskay Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 29th Jan 2015 4:18pm
Thanks, Granny; certainly does take some time to load.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 29th Jan 2015 5:54pm
granny

Cheshire Sheaf is available from Cheshire Record Office - 2x CDs for £10 Cheshire Sheaf CDs at Cheshire Record Office - make sure you get the set of instructions.
The Cheshire Sheaf CDs will also be available at the Greasby Local History Fair on 12th April 2014 (not sure if Greasby library still sells them)
Posted By: granny Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 29th Jan 2015 6:24pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
granny

Cheshire Sheaf is available from Cheshire Record Office - 2x CDs for £10 Cheshire Sheaf CDs at Cheshire Record Office - make sure you get the set of instructions.
The Cheshire Sheaf CDs will also be available at the Greasby Local History Fair on 12th April 2014 (not sure if Greasby library still sells them)

Does't thou mean 2015 ?

I can't use cd's on this computer. Windows 8....no cd drive. Darn nuisance. Would love a book, if they still do them.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 29th Jan 2015 8:24pm
Sorry I bought mine at the History show at the town Hall 2014, they were also on sale at Greasby library about the same time 2014

They cover May 1878 to 1990

It might be worthwhile buying a usb dvd player or getting a friend to copy the pdfs onto a usb stick
Posted By: greasby_lad Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 30th Jan 2015 8:32am
The Cheshire Sheaf CDs were on sale at the Cheshire Local History Association table at Birkenhead town hall Fair in 2014.

This year's Fair is on 7th March, same venue. Wirral History & Heritage Fair 2015

The CLHA people were also selling old Cheshire maps (1577 to 1831) on CDs. Really good to have a clean digital copy of the original map instead of a third-generation photocopy.
Posted By: granny Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 31st Jan 2015 8:54am
Your idea Derek is the best. The book format seems to be in numerous volumes and costing much more.

Greasby-lad, the maps would be really interesting to have copies of, will definitely look for those. Thank you.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cheshire Sheaf - 31st Jan 2015 10:00am
Granny you can also see the maps you can get online to view
click on first post

also click various maps

I apologise for going off topic

© Wirral-Wikiwirral