Forums
Posted By: cathcart cathcart street school,marion street - 7th Dec 2013 2:42pm
im looking for pictures of the old cathcart street school,also pictures of marion street.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 7th Dec 2013 3:01pm
Here is one for you, I think you have mentioned some names on this photograph in the past.

Attached picture Cathcart Street School.jpg
Posted By: mikeeb Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 8th Dec 2013 8:37am
my 1st school. was only 3 so no input sorry :-)
Posted By: cathcart Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 9th Dec 2013 7:11pm
great picture,do you know the year please
Posted By: stanb Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 11th Dec 2013 8:26am
It would appear that a lot of old cathcart street pupils would like pics of old school,myself included.I and my whole family went there in the 50s.It seems pics are as rare as hens teeth.
Posted By: cathcart Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 11th Dec 2013 8:30pm
they are rare stan,iwas there 52-58,im informed that picture was 58.i remember names,john allen,david dyble,billy ross,sally vickery,and others,ive got my school photo for 56,thats the individual one.my name is paul hill.
Posted By: stanb Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 13th Dec 2013 11:55am
I went from 55 to 61 but had no pictures taken.My sister Jean,Angela,Myself and brothers Chris and Dennis all went there in the 50s and early 60s.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 13th Dec 2013 3:31pm
I am sure Billy Ross is right in the centre.Most of the names I can think of are not in this photograph for some reason.I too had other family members who attended Cathcart Street School. I think the reason so few photographs are available was financial.Free dinners plus the family was bankrupt by each Wednesday meant photographs were a low priority.John Crow Roy, Heinz, Leonard Kell
and Alex Kerr are the only names I can remember and alas not one of the girls.
Posted By: cathcart Re: cathcart street school,marion street - 19th Dec 2013 2:17pm
that could be billy,he lived on st anns street,i lived on marion street we had no leccy and billy had a telly,we usred to take it in turns to watch it on a friday,on the other fridays i used to watch it in the shop window on grange road,happy days.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral