Forums
Posted By: kamikazi W Daly shop Seacombe - 5th Nov 2013 8:38pm
Ive always wondered about the shop with boarded up windows near Guinea Gap.

Excellent article on Seven Streets about Bill Daly have a read.

http://www.sevenstreets.com/bill-davies-the-woodsman-wallasey/

K
Posted By: YinYang Re: W Daly shop Seacombe - 5th Nov 2013 8:55pm
Interesting article, and great photographs. I always wondered why he never sold anything.

For those who know his present day shop (or remember the original one) you'll understand what I mean when I say that that gibbon thing in his window must be positively ancient by now! He used to put speech bubbles coming out of its mouth saying things like "...got any old stuff for Old Daly?".

The guy must be quite a character.
Posted By: venice Re: W Daly shop Seacombe - 6th Nov 2013 8:00am
I hope this guy has had apprentices, lots of them over the years (though he probably hasnt) because he must have acquired so much knowledge, so many little tricks and secrets about everything to do with all the different woods, tools and furniture still around from the past. So much skill and know-how to be saved. Interesting article thanks.
Posted By: tonyh Re: W Daly shop Seacombe - 6th Nov 2013 10:06am
Bill is still going strong, he goes for a drink in the vaults. really nice guy, knocking on in years now but still getting around
Posted By: Moonstar Re: W Daly shop Seacombe - 6th Nov 2013 12:15pm
A wonderful character. I thought there were several children but I only knew one (many moons ago)a lovely girl, very bright.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: W Daly shop Seacombe - 6th Nov 2013 12:34pm
What a character, lol

Originally Posted by Bill Daly
“I married a Wallasey woman. The best thing I ever did. Her family had an indoor toilet.”
Posted By: europa1 Re: W Daly shop Seacombe - 9th Apr 2014 1:15pm
Remember going into his other shop with my mother to buy a tap and she asked if he had a 'good tap' and he said 'would you know a good tap if you saw one?'. We walked out and went to Tom Trott in Poulton Road who sold us one with no questions asked.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral