Cover

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 3rd Jun 2012 7:59am
Funny that it doesn't mention buying a submarine and spending a million pounds on a visitor attraction, or a second beatles tat exibition to add to the beatles tat in Liverpool. No link to the Arena or use of the two disused wapping and waterloo tunnels. Plus more stations on the loop to alleviate congestion at Liverpool Central.
Also whatever happened to the renovation of Green lane.

Pace
Posted By: MikeT Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 4th Jun 2012 7:49am
I posted this link to the Usenet newsgroup uk.railway, there's been some interesting subsequent discussion.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 4th Jun 2012 10:44am
Interesting to see how actually how long they've been talking about electrifying the various lines. The 3rd rail should have been laid along the Upton-Wrexham line decades ago.

The Prenton cut-off route from nr. Woodchurch Road bridge to B'head Central was marked on various maps a long time ago. Nowt done of course. It would now mean the bulldozing of many houses built on the surveyed route. Give 'em £100 each and 20 minutes to get out. No problem! (Tongue firmly in cheek!) B'head Central was laid out with this extension in mind. I guess it's too late now.

Thanks Luke for posting.
Posted By: w10694 Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 4th Jun 2012 5:33pm
I understand that if the Bidston line is electrified to Wrexham, then it would be the first standard gauge electrified railway in Wales !
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 4th Jun 2012 6:15pm
Originally Posted by w10694
I understand that if the Bidston line is electrified to Wrexham, then it would be the first standard gauge electrified railway in Wales !
Not quite - The Swansea & Mumbles Railway held that title.

Bob.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 5th Jun 2012 7:29am
This may also be of interest.

"Liverpool's Lost Railway Heritage" (PDF file)

CLICKY

Posted By: 8HBob Re: Rail Strategy for The North West - 5th Jun 2012 1:55pm
Originally Posted by MikeT
This may also be of interest.

"Liverpool's Lost Railway Heritage" (PDF file)

CLICKY

Typical of Liverpool - They need to employ Mancs to prepare a report about Liverpool !

Bob.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral