Forums
Posted By: granny The Old Mersey Times - 13th Apr 2012 8:13pm
The Old Mersey Times: Not sure if this link has been posted before. There are an amazing amouunt of news reports from mid 1850's covering all of Merseyside. A large number for Wirral including 'The Tranmere Baby Farmers' found under Murders.

There are various pubs mentioned in certain articles, which may or may not be remembered.

Loads to read, something for everyone, it should keep you interested for weeks!

http://www.old-merseytimes.co.uk/index.html

Posted By: granny Re: The Old Mersey Times - 13th Apr 2012 8:20pm
Just one thing. I hope I am not breaching copyright laws by posting this. Can anyone say, yes or no?
Posted By: Helles Re: The Old Mersey Times - 13th Apr 2012 8:28pm
Originally Posted by granny
Just one thing. I hope I am not breaching copyright laws by posting this. Can anyone say, yes or no?

If it is on the internet then it is public domain I would have thought? Why else put it up?
Posted By: Geekus Re: The Old Mersey Times - 13th Apr 2012 8:39pm
Fab link, granny. Very informative.

I'd heard of the Workhouse Baby Farming case before. Utterly criminal what went on back then.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Old Mersey Times - 14th Apr 2012 3:44am
Many thanks for the link granny. I've spent ages just reading through the Mining section alone. Fascinating stuff.
Posted By: fizzbomb120 Re: The Old Mersey Times - 14th Apr 2012 7:49am
Nice find ;-)
Posted By: Lyn123 Re: The Old Mersey Times - 15th Apr 2012 12:40pm
This is so interesting to see.
My Grandad was awarded a bronze medal for assisting in the rescue of a man from the river. I have the medal and the framed certificate is on the wall in front of me as I type this reply.
We as a family, were always very proud of his bravery .
His name was William Sherlock.
Lyn.
Posted By: toula66 Re: The Old Mersey Times - 15th Apr 2012 3:29pm
Originally Posted by Lyn123
This is so interesting to see.
My Grandad was awarded a bronze medal for assisting in the rescue of a man from the river. I have the medal and the framed certificate is on the wall in front of me as I type this reply.
We as a family, were always very proud of his bravery .
His name was William Sherlock.
Lyn.

Interesting link granny,thanks for posting thumbsup

Thanks for sharing Lyn,your Grandad was a brave man.

toula
© Wirral-Wikiwirral