Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Port Sunlight Post Office - 11th Apr 2012 9:34am
The Post Office, Greendale Road, Port Sunlight. No date

Attached picture 000ptsunlightpo.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 11th Apr 2012 9:18pm
Lovely picture Pablo from a lovely village.

That must be the present cafe opposite the railway station.(I think)
Posted By: chriskay Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 11th Apr 2012 9:42pm
So, if that's now the café, where do you buy your pot?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 11th Apr 2012 9:44pm
What prices, the evil weed? Block or Green?
Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 11th Apr 2012 10:17pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

What are you talking about Chriskay? You can get a pot of coffee or tea, Black and Greens hot chocolate maybe and you can get pot plants from the garden centre, otherwise you've lost me!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 7:28am
Yes, Granny, I'm a little puzzled too. Could it be a Billiards/Snooker training establishment (??)
Posted By: chriskay Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 8:51am
Originally Posted by granny

What are you talking about Chriskay? You can get a pot of coffee or tea, Black and Greens hot chocolate maybe and you can get pot plants from the garden centre, otherwise you've lost me!!

Ah, that's the problem, granny. At the café I can't buy a pot; I may in law rent or lease one while I consume the contents. Your suggestion of the garden centre makes more sense; I'll try there.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 9:56am
Do I need to consume the melted down products from the Cherry Blossom tin to understand whats going on here, perhaps Pinz would like to join me?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 10:15am
I'm just gently bewildered. Situation normal I guess.
Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 10:38am
Well of course! Being Port Sunlight garden centre you can buy tea pots, coffee pots, cooking pots, probably chimney pots, clay pots, pot stickers and even flower pots. There is also a cafe there were you can buy and consume boiled pots, roast pots,baked pots,pot roast, and maybe pot noodles.
Bert , don't feel left out you can get Cherry buns,cherry yoghurt, cherry sweets, Blossom Hill, and your very own cherry blossom tree to take away.
If anyone should need plates, they sell those too.
Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 10:43am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Yes, Granny, I'm a little puzzled too. Could it be a Billiards/Snooker training establishment (??)

In that case Pinz, it might be worth him trying the Bridge Inn, Hulme Hall or the social club. Definitely not the Tudor Rose Tea Rooms opposite the station!

P s The trees aren't there on that corner anymore Pablo, but the po(s)t boxes are.
Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 11:06am
Up to date image Pablo. Not quite the same.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1784981
Posted By: chriskay Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 11:38am
Since someone has replaced the "s" in "Post Office", which was originally missing from the title, most of the rambling contents of this thread are now meaningless. grin
Posted By: bert1 Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 11:43am
Thanks Chris, no need for me to start on the Brasso.
Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 11:47am
Since someone has replaced the "s" in "Post Office", which was originally missing from the title, most of the rambling contents of this thread are now meaningless. grin

Mystery solved then. Next time you're in the area Chris, take your time to have a little ramble around the village and there are plenty of old pots to be found in the Lady Lever.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 12:01pm
Originally Posted by granny

there are plenty of old pots to be found in the Lady Lever.

Indeed; Lever's collection of Wedgwood Jasperware, probably the finest in private hands, is still on display in the Lady Lever.

Posted By: granny Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 12:44pm
Fabulous place is the Lady Lever. They also have a lovely little cafe below. Have you been there? They sell mashed pots, chipped pots............ wink
Posted By: jimbob Re: Port Sunlight Post Office - 12th Apr 2012 8:57pm
Think One or two where having senior moments during the post subect and yes even those not so senior, that unless its due to the baccy they are on
© Wirral-Wikiwirral