Attached picture 726.jpg
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Bidston - 3rd Apr 2012 8:25am

Bidston Hill. The best open land for miles

Attached picture 722.jpg
Posted By: chriskay Re: Bidston - 3rd Apr 2012 9:09am
Originally Posted by pablo42
[Linked Image]

The Church in Bidston. One of my favourites

The one of the church is very evocative, not for the church but for the finger post for the footpath for Noctorum. If you followed that, you could walk all along the backs of the fine houses in Eleanor Rd., with nothing but fields to your right until you came to the bottom of Ford Hill. Then you could walk up the Thermopylae Pass to Upton Rd., over Bidston Hill, down through the woods and back to Bidston church.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bidston - 3rd Apr 2012 10:39am
Another great set of pictures Pablo. I may incur the wrath of folk by saying this but..... if you look at the "best open land for miles" picture and compare it with how it is now. The great views have mostly gone. The trees have grown ! Shock horror! A couple of days of selective felling would be a good thing IMHO. Restore the views.

Of interest on the Observatory roof is a Dines Pressure Tube Anemometer. Quite a rare beast. Now long gone no doubt.

Is the cast iron finger post Chris mentioned still there ? Probably weighed in at the scrappies by now !
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Bidston - 3rd Apr 2012 10:42am
Nice bit of info there Pinz. Not sure about chopping trees. Would make some great views though
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bidston - 4th Apr 2012 2:33pm
my grandparents were married here in june 1948. thankyou for the pic, lovely to see again. max
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Bidston - 4th Apr 2012 4:40pm
Originally Posted by Max1967
my grandparents were married here in june 1948. thankyou for the pic, lovely to see again. max

Glad to see you happy about it Max. That's what it's all about
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bidston - 4th Apr 2012 10:48pm
it also brings me to say, i really enjoy all the photos that yourself and others put up, as you can see my location is not that local anymore. its great to see a bit of home even if some are quite dated. but iam on the boat home tomorrow for easter week to see family. i belive you have a heatwave going on there? so save all photies for me, as when i get back iam always a little bit homesick. thanks and here i come, maxine
Posted By: Helles Re: Bidston - 5th Apr 2012 7:58am
Originally Posted by Max1967
it also brings me to say, i really enjoy all the photos that yourself and others put up, as you can see my location is not that local anymore. its great to see a bit of home even if some are quite dated. but iam on the boat home tomorrow for easter week to see family. i belive you have a heatwave going on there? so save all photies for me, as when i get back iam always a little bit homesick. thanks and here i come, maxine

Heatwave? Don't forget your thermals!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral