Forums
Posted By: Archaeo Bromborough Archaeological Survey - 27th Mar 2012 4:48pm
Hi All,

I thought you might like to know that a team of archaeologists from the universities of Oxford and Chester are working in West Wirral (mostly Bromborough) this week undertaking a number of topographic and geophysical surveys in potentially sensitive areas of archaeology.
As part of a social media experiment, we are going to be updating our work on twitter with the hash-tag #BromArch so feel free to use the tag to follow us, ask questions, etc. We will be tweeting videos and photos as well as our thoughts on research, the weather, the quality of our lunch etc! Treating it as a bit of fun but also a means of informing the public.

The entire project is kindly sponsored by The Viking Society for Northern Research and we will be producing a public poster and undertaking a public talk later on in the year. We're also hoping to run another survey for members of the public to come along and help out.

Surveys start tomorrow so keep an eye out for the hash-tag. For non-twitter followers, we will put a web-page together within the next week or so. Feel free to pass this info on to interested people.

Cheers.

Posted By: hoseman Re: Bromborough Archaeological Survey - 27th Mar 2012 5:10pm
Very interesting, I live in Bromborough and would love to learn more.
Will you be keeping us posted on Wikiville?? I dont use TwAtter ( I know its spelt wrong!!) or Ugly Face Book etc!!
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Bromborough Archaeological Survey - 27th Mar 2012 5:14pm
Fascinating - anything to do with archaeology in Wirral interests me, though the knees aren't up to any actual digging, sadly. Will be very interested to hear how it all goes. I have registered on Twitter but never used it - maybe this is the time I should start trying! - and am on Facebook. Hope all goes well, and will look forward to hearing more. Good luck!
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Bromborough Archaeological Survey - 27th Mar 2012 5:23pm
Happy to update on Wikiwirral at the end of every day, but twitter will just give you a quicker update.
Posted By: woodley Re: Bromborough Archaeological Survey - 27th Mar 2012 7:49pm
I'm also very interested in your project as I am ex Bromborough (now Australia). However I don't use twitter or facebook, so will look forward to your posts on Wiki.
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Bromborough Archaeological Survey - 27th Mar 2012 8:07pm
I'll post random bits and pieces in this thread as time allows. Twitter was just something we can use to update in the field via mobiles.

Here's a starter...artist's impression of the Anglo-Saxon church at Bromborough

https://twitter.com/#!/arch4schools/status/184732717462724608/photo/1/large
© Wirral-Wikiwirral