Forums
Posted By: Snodvan VE Day - 28th Sep 2011 9:07am
A quick search does not give any hits for "VE Day" and yet there will have been lots of street parties - and some photographs of the people, which will now be of interest to the relatives. Memory jogging and all that. Cameras and photography were not that common at the end of the war but for a special occasion like VE day I am sure they were dusted off and used.

I have two taken of groups of people in Stonehouse Road, Wallasey Village. Some of the people in the photos can be identified (by mum) but others - well, maybe descendants will recognise.

First photo - Left to right
Unknown
My nan - Emily Hughes
Mag Dean
Elsie Prowse
Unknown
Mrs Connolly

AND ESPECIALLY FOR NEW WIKI MEMBER Jille who was asking ::

Second photo - Left to right
Peter Prowse
Georgie Lester
Kathleen Lester
Male - unknown
Cissy Dean (MacCormack)
Female - unknown (same as on extreme left of first pic)
Mrs Clough
My Nan, Emily Hughes
Kneeling - Evelyn (Eva) Howard

Snod

Attached picture Stonehouse1.jpg
Attached picture stonehouse2.jpg
Posted By: Snodvan Re: VE Day - 28th Sep 2011 2:31pm
UPDATE

After I submitted the two pictures in the previous post I have (a) found the original photos (which had some names on the back) (b) spoken again with mum and another elderly Village resident. We think we have now properly identified the people in the photos

Snod

Attached picture Stonehouse1a.jpg
Attached picture stonehouse2a.jpg
Posted By: Capt_America Re: VE Day - 28th Sep 2011 7:37pm
None of the Hammonds from No 9 there so I can't help you! (my nan's family)
Posted By: jinjan123 Re: VE Day - 11th Oct 2016 4:23am
Hi , Thank you for sharing the great pictures .I was wondering if you have any other pictures from Stonehouse road on VE day? .My Dad Christopher cormack remembers a street party where he was dressed up as woman .He was only a young boy at the time about 10 years old .Thank you
Jeanette
© Wirral-Wikiwirral