Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 10:15am
Things you find!

Grovelling under the stairs as part of a tidy up, I came across this Moorhouse Soda Syphon. I have not seen one of those for maybe 30 years. Since Moorhouse were part of BHead Breweries I guess someone here will know the history.

I seem to remember that with this type of sealed syphon you paid a deposit and then just paid for a filled exchange. Don't suppose I could get my deposit money back on this one??

The other sort were the Sparklet bulb type that you filled yourself. I found one of those under the stairs.

Question: Anyone know where you can buy the Sparklet bulbs these days?

Snod

Attached picture DSCF1772e.jpg
Posted By: Tatey Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 11:08am
I remember getting our soda waters from Yorks in the narrow part of old Wallasey Village.
Posted By: Colgo Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 11:16am
I remember sparklets soda syphons well and Moorehouse lemonade.
Soda syphon bulbs surprisingly still readily available HERE ONLY £6.50 for a box of 10 !! I think they used to be 10p each.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 11:45am
I think mum used to exchange the soda syphons in Quales Chemist in Wally Village.

I was hoping for somewhere local to get the Sparklet type bulbs. My guess is somewhere dealing with homebrew stuff - but that is not my scene so do not know where.

Snod
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 12:12pm
I remember how tricky it was to add to a spirit without it flying out the other side of the glass.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 12:16pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan

I was hoping for somewhere local to get the Sparklet type bulbs.
Snod

If you know a shop which sells airguns, try there; lots of airguns these days are powered by CO2 bulbs.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 12:37pm
Found in a friends garage recently.

Attached picture RIMG0142.JPG
Attached picture RIMG0145.jpg
Posted By: hoseman Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 12:55pm
As mentioned, soft air guns and paintballs use CO cartridges.
Still readily available, try here 8 for £4.95!! They call them SPARCLETTS. www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 8:49pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
As mentioned, soft air guns and paintballs use CO cartridges.
Still readily available, try here 8 for £4.95!! They call them SPARCLETTS. www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2

With that "small" reminder I turn round from my desk and there are half a dozen of them in the box with the CO2 air pistol !!!! They are Crossman make so expensive of course.

Snod
Posted By: jimbob Re: Moorhouse Pop - 16th Jul 2011 9:17pm
Snod, is it 30 years since you last had a tidy up? Think it was half a crown return on the soda syphone bottle in the late 50s. Use to sell them along with moorhouses pop in my mums shop 1953 to 1964ish.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Moorhouse Pop - 17th Jul 2011 6:52am
You can see these for sale now in antique shops (we don't have junk shops or second hand shops anymore)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral