Forums
Posted By: Wench 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 5:46pm
I was lucky enough to be invited to the opening of this exhibition this afternoon. Amongst the guests were some of the surviving members of 610 Sqn from Hooton Park. It was an amazing afternoon and an absolute honour to be able to speak with the men who flew during the Battle of Britain. The stories of their roles first hand were fantastic. To hear about the likes of Douglas Bader from those who worked with him was a phenomenal experience!!

If you want to see just what our local men and women did during the Battle of Britain and beyond, then visit the exhibition at the Fort. I can guarantee you will not be disapointed.

Admission to the Fort is £4, £3 with concessions and just £1 for children. For every 2 paying adults, up to 2 children go free!!
Posted By: Helles Re: 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 7:03pm
What did they say about Bader? Believe he wasn't liked at all. Admired him but when I learnt he stopped a man from being repatriated from a POW camp so that he could continue to be his servant I went right off him.
Posted By: SUExx Re: 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 7:10pm
love the film... reach for the sky staring Kenneth More about Douglas Bader.
Posted By: Helles Re: 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 7:17pm
Originally Posted by SUExx
love the film... reach for the sky staring Kenneth More about Douglas Bader.

Last ever film shown at the Trocadero New Brighton. I was there!
Posted By: Wench Re: 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 7:18pm
He was a terror apparently but got the best out of his men. One of the people there was reading passages from one of the pilots who actually saw him get shot down. I loved the film, can watch it over and over again, same with 633 Sqn.

The pictures they have and the information is brilliant. I'm going back for another look sometime this week. I'd highly recommend it.
Posted By: SUExx Re: 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 7:24pm
Did see about the exhibition on granada news.
Posted By: bert1 Re: 610 Squadron Exhibition - Fort Perch Rock - 5th Sep 2010 7:26pm
In case anybody is not sure who Douglas Bader was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Bader
© Wirral-Wikiwirral