Forums
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Cavendish school - 25th Jun 2010 10:00pm
This place is being knocked down as we speak frown
i am looking for any info or old photos about this place if anyone can help? smile

some pics from today cool

Attached picture cavendish school 1.jpg
Attached picture cavendish school2.jpg
Attached picture cavendish school3.jpg
Posted By: Longnails Re: Cavendish school - 26th Jun 2010 11:22am
I have no photo's of Cavendish school but many memories. I attended this school in 1967-1971. I can remember some of the teachers: Miss Hewitt(geography), Miss Daly(music), Miss Livesey (Headteacher), Mr Hobson(Headteacher), Miss Clarke(English), Mrs Price-White(Maths),(very strict), Mr Hughes(science), Mrs Stevenson(PE).If I remember anymore later on I will list them.
We had school dinner in a building over the road.
On a personal level I remember my boyfriend(now Husband) walking to school with me whilst he rode his pushbike, until he got a scooter that is and he still used to walk me to school. Mum wouldn't allow me on this scooter but we used to sneak off on our own and what fun we had together. He would often visit me at school on lunch breaks until Mrs Price White told me off about this in front of the class (what shame) hehe.
Thanks for sharing the photo's.
Regards
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Cavendish school - 26th Jun 2010 11:08pm
Originally Posted by Longnails
I have no photo's of Cavendish school but many memories. I attended this school in 1967-1971. I can remember some of the teachers: Miss Hewitt(geography), Miss Daly(music), Miss Livesey (Headteacher), Mr Hobson(Headteacher), Miss Clarke(English), Mrs Price-White(Maths),(very strict), Mr Hughes(science), Mrs Stevenson(PE).If I remember anymore later on I will list them.
We had school dinner in a building over the road.
On a personal level I remember my boyfriend(now Husband) walking to school with me whilst he rode his pushbike, until he got a scooter that is and he still used to walk me to school. Mum wouldn't allow me on this scooter but we used to sneak off on our own and what fun we had together. He would often visit me at school on lunch breaks until Mrs Price White told me off about this in front of the class (what shame) hehe.
Thanks for sharing the photo's.
Regards

thanks mate for the info!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Cavendish school - 28th Jun 2010 12:43pm
All i can sa is See yeah smile happy memories of playing in there being chased by people who worked in there. Said to see if go to be honest but i suppose thats it smile *waves*
Posted By: karenjon Re: Cavendish school - 11th Jul 2010 9:29pm
i went to cavendish .i remember the school was surposed to be haunted by a girl who saved her brother from a fire there many years ago ( mary bell )there was a model of a girls head in one of the rooms rumour has it that it cried and the eyes where wet if you touched it at the right time ?
Posted By: jimbob Re: Cavendish school - 12th Jul 2010 8:54pm
The school thats been knocked down is in Brassey Street, so if that the school your calling Cavandish. Tell me whats the name of the school that is actualy in Cavandish street down towards Our Lady's church
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Cavendish school - 12th Jul 2010 9:07pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
The school thats been knocked down is in Brassey Street, so if that the school your calling Cavandish. Tell me whats the name of the school that is actualy in Cavandish street down towards Our Lady's church

kilgarth school is over the road from our ladys church!
Posted By: jimbob Re: Cavendish school - 13th Jul 2010 6:18pm
Thanks, I always thought the one over the road from Our Lady's was Cavandish. I had a mate in the late 50s who's children went to Brassy Street school, any idea where that was seein as the one in brassy street thats been knocked down at present is called Cavandish.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Cavendish school - 13th Jul 2010 6:23pm
Has there at some time been a name change from Brassy street to Cavandish. I know that my old school had a name changed from Temple road school to Prenton secondary and has had a further name change to Devonshire Park.
Posted By: dodie Re: Cavendish school - 13th Jul 2010 8:20pm
does any 1 have photos of conway st school
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Cavendish school - 14th Jul 2010 9:12pm
My Dad had an office there, in the Horsa Hut...He has had to move now though.

His office, he was, told, was haunted by a girl or something. It used to be called Brassey Street School but it was called the Cavendish Enterprise centre.

I would be interested if there are any pictures, if you are interested I have seen some videos of the school playground with the kids playing on a video on youtube, something like the history of the wirral or something. It was this school and Mersey Park.

Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cavendish school - 14th Jul 2010 10:48pm
Originally Posted by dodie
does any 1 have photos of conway st school

do you mean what is now the housing offices nearly opposite the bus station
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Cavendish school - 2nd Aug 2010 1:45pm
Hey anybody got any updated photos of the school ? If someone can be so kind and take a few more photos i want to see it gone !!! laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral