Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX St Caths - 21st Oct 2009 5:15pm
Some of you may know already but this is deffo being demolished next year. Block by block. Nows the time for us to document the buildings externally and internally people.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: St Caths - 25th Apr 2010 9:53pm
My youngest daughter was born in St Caths. When my wife went into labour, we were greeted at the door by a formidable sight - Sister Murphy - who Informed me I'd done my bit, and could retire to the pub. "And don't be ringing us up all the time, either!" (I don't think she had much time for men)

All went well however, and eventually we departed with the baby. As we passed Sister Murphy, she was admonishing an underling, but she reached out with one hand and grasped me painfully just above my elbow with a steely finger and thumb, holding me there in considerable pain until she'd reduced the unfortunate nurse to the verge of tears, and dismissed back to her duties. Then she delivered the only piece of advice i was given about the care of child and mother "Make sure she wears warm knickers!" before I was released.

I would not be too surprised to find her still there terrifying one and all. They'll have a problem demolishing her, I can tell you!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: St Caths - 25th Apr 2010 10:01pm
Lovely reminescence. Thankyou laugh
Posted By: starakita Re: St Caths - 25th Apr 2010 10:08pm
my oldest son was born in st caths.iwas in ward a2 which was a big ward with a large table at the bottom end. everyone used to sit round it to have there meals. my son was in the special care unit so only me &hubby could visit him. ithink thats changed now.i was in for 6 days and baby was in for 10 days.we had a sister mack on the ward you didnt want to get on the wrong side of her. she was at arrowe park when i had my second daughter.
Posted By: Andy13 Re: St Caths - 24th Jun 2010 4:45pm
I think 2 blocks of the hospital are being demolished this sunday. get down there before its too late!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: St Caths - 24th Jun 2010 4:59pm
All the internal doors from one block -the older one have been removed. Hamilton Building not going til the other bit been demolished and rebuilt.
Posted By: truebirkenheader Re: St Caths - 17th Aug 2010 3:47am
has anybody got any photos of old chester road....near the southend social club in the 90s?....or thereabouts? cheers!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral