Forums
Posted By: bert1 D-DAY - 6th Jun 2009 5:21am
On this day the 65th anniversary of D-Day, the 6th of June 1944 it should be recorded that this forum wishes to express its gratitude to all service personnel who took part in such an historical occasion. Operation Overlord undoubtedly shortened the war and of cause changed the course of history and we would like to thank all who participated and the remaining veterans, and respectively honour the bravest of the brave who never made it off the beaches. God Bless and Thank you.
Posted By: uptoncx Re: D-DAY - 6th Jun 2009 7:10am

Attached picture dday1.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: D-DAY - 6th Jun 2009 8:11am
Be we young, old or somewhere in between....We should all remember them.
Posted By: Mark Re: D-DAY - 6th Jun 2009 8:34am
Yeh i agree, and the story should never be forgotten.

I know when i think of our Generation Now i dont think we would be as brave as the young men back then.

My only realisation to it and the blood bath that awaited them
was the movie Saving Private Ryan.

If i was on that landing craft, i know i wouldn't have got off
it. Maybe that's just "My" Generation of Now, but it shows
me just how BRAVE those soldiers were and are.

And how it could have been so different if it wasn't for all
those that gave there lives for the people of today.

RIP
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: D-DAY - 6th Jun 2009 9:33am
I think it is about time that more pressure is put on our council to preserve what is left of our WW2 memorabilia. Many other counties have all their gunsites, pill boxes, tunnels and suchlike as Locally Listed Buildings. Wirral do not.

The future generations need as many things as possible to remind them THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

There are not many WW2 veterans left, dad and grandad cannot tell the tale of horror any longer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral