Forums
Posted By: jimbob STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 11th Dec 2008 10:25pm
the club named the Starboard Light, does any one remember it and if so was it in the section of Bridge Street running from Chester Street to Halmington Square station
Posted By: Morseman Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 12th Dec 2008 8:50pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
the club named the Starboard Light, does any one remember it and if so was it in the section of Bridge Street running from Chester Street to Halmington Square station

Is that anywhere near Hamilton square?

Sorry couldn't resist! raftl
Posted By: jimbob Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 12th Dec 2008 9:57pm
the bottle of Port got beween the ham and square {port light}
Posted By: bert1 Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 13th Dec 2008 3:04pm
The Starboard Light club was above Geoffrey's car sales in Hamilton St, which was on the corner of Ewart St and Hamilton St. I think the club your thinking of may have been the Red Ensign club.
Posted By: jimbob Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 13th Dec 2008 10:41pm
Thanks bert, if the club was still there i would by you a pint. It closed in the days when you only bought real beer [bitter and mild} not this crap that the last couple of generations have been brought up on {LARGER] ugg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 14th Dec 2008 12:17am
Originally Posted by jimbob
the days when you only bought real beer [bitter and mild} not this crap that the last couple of generations have been brought up on {LARGER] ugg

Sounds like summit me dad would say, he is a member of CAMRA lol.
Posted By: Mogzie Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 27th Apr 2011 6:58pm
The Starboard Light club above Geoffrey's bacame the CABIN club in the 70s. It had an underlit dancefloor made of different coloured glass squares which would break from time to time. They used to have printed signs on the walls saying, "When the floor is full kindly use the ashtrays provided!" The stairs to the entrance were very steep to a peep-hole door at the top of the stairs - no area to stand while you waited, just the top step!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STARBOARD LIGHT CLUB - 28th Apr 2011 10:37am
That door at the top of the stairs was VERY heavy, great for knocking the numpties for six raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral