Forums
Posted By: Mr_T5 WUTH carpark - 4th Oct 2008 11:29pm
Well we have recently been discussing the existance of an underground car park in Arrowe park hospital (WUTH wirral univerity teaching hospital)

Some say it's true other deny it.

Story goes it was built whent he hospital was (i think) but they the laws changed and it needed ventilation or air conditioning, and apprently it would cost to much to make these changes so it was closed up.

Can any of you clever people shed some light on this ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 12:05am
the mourge is under the hospital
Posted By: jonah Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 12:20am
and apparently so is the disused carpark........
Posted By: jonah Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 12:21am
wirral globe march 2003..........

'Secret' car park
From the Wirral Globe, first published Tuesday 18th Mar 2003.

WITH regard to the parking problems at Arrowe Park Hospital, I have been told that when the hospital was built an underground car park was also built, but never used because air conditioning was not installed.

Is this true or just a myth? If it is true, why has nothing been done to bring it into use?

Mrs M. J. Jones,

Gotham Road, Spital.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 12:35am
interesting.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 1:47am
Wow....Gotham Road...30 seconds from my house laugh

Would an underground car park be worth its cost though?
I know the current car park sometimes takes on more than it can manage, but theyd never even consider opening the underground one Id imagine...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 9:37am
The story of a poorly ventilated underground car park is true as far as I know.
Posted By: Mr_T5 Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 10:41am
anyone got any evidence of it ?????

I would really love to know.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 11:24am
Arrowe Park hostpital has 2 Basements.. It is possible.. The Basement which houses Hotel Services, Morgue and whats nots is accessable via the lifts in the hostpial but as you come out of the lift and go towards the Bowmans resturant look for the doors with the Stairs down to the Sub Basement it is possible that there is even a Sub Level to that so yes it could be possible smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 1:42pm
WIRRAL HOSPITAL TRUST PPI FORUM MEETING
HELD ON FRIDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2005

"confirmed that there is a building underneath Arrowe Park Hospital, basement and sub-basement"

"confirmed that a tour of this building can be arranged"
Posted By: Sanchez Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 4:57pm
i am goin to try an go under cover one day next week and gather evidence on it.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 6:23pm
I could just ask people tomorrow in work - know a guy who's worked there since he was 16 (38 now). He knows everything about the place.
Posted By: Colgo Re: WUTH carpark - 5th Oct 2008 9:58pm
The so called underground car park was under the maternity block.It was never used because as previously mentioned,a lack of an extraction system for the exhaust fumes.It was actually at gound level,I think it is now used as an equipment store and workshop. thumbsup
Posted By: AR_One Re: WUTH carpark - 6th Oct 2008 11:42am
Can confirm what Colgo says and there was discussions last year of moving some of the departments into it to make use of the space - don't think anything came of it though.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: WUTH carpark - 6th Oct 2008 11:55am
Maternity have kicked HR out of that building from basement. I think they moved a load of genreator equipment into that space you are talking about.
Posted By: little_pob Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 12:59pm
HR still have a handful of people in the old personnel office. Medical Records have part of the area under maternity for casenote storage (where in some areas you can still see line markings on the floor), as do maternity themselves for 'pinks' storage. Off the top of my head Macmillan Nurses, Phlebotomy and EBME (not sure what it stands for but they fix portable medical equipment) are also down there.

As a side note most, if not all, non-Women's and Children's Devisions occupying that area are likely to be moved out as the Hospital Management Board have 'supported in principle' a £10.5m overhaul of the Dutchess of Westminster Wing plus the pediatric surgical wards 11 and 12.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 4:33pm
Which bit do you work in pob?

Electronic and Biomechanical engineering (EBME)
Posted By: little_pob Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 7:03pm
I'm in clinical coding. Been there 5 years, but have occasion to go to 'into file' to grab a case note I need.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 7:49pm
I nearly applied for a job in coding once - I'm in the education centre.
Posted By: Wench Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 8:19pm
I thought about Clinical Coding - found the vacancy but unfortunately the closing date was the day before I found it. Seems like the ideal job for me given my previous career - hours fit in well with college too which is a major bonus!!
Posted By: little_pob Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 9:15pm
It's a fun job (people in the office help) but you do spend most of the day sat in the office.

Its a dis-service to the job to call it this, but its essentially data entry. More here: http://www.stepintothenhs.nhs.uk/jobdescriptions/Clinical-Coder.aspx
Posted By: SoundLad Re: WUTH carpark - 7th Oct 2008 10:42pm
Clinical Coding also has a Secret part smile giving information to the goverment.. wink Well they want to know everything eles dont they so why not do it that way wink ingenenoius in my opinon lol wink Anyway enough of my consipiracy theorys..

Looks like one hell of a job pob sitting there from 9am till god nows when.. Must get boring ??
Posted By: little_pob Re: WUTH carpark - 8th Oct 2008 7:33am
AFAIK, apart from that sent to the relevent PCT for billing purposes and certain FOI requests (patients, insurance etc), data sent outside of WUTH is annonymised.

Some days do drag, usually the ones just before your holiday wink . But some of us do get out onto the wards to collect casenotes which is a nice break. And as I said, the people in the office help (I've heard stories of other hospitals omg).
Posted By: jonno40 Re: WUTH carpark - 8th Oct 2008 8:46am
offtopic please try to keep it history related guys
Posted By: MissGuided Re: WUTH carpark - 8th Oct 2008 8:53am
Originally Posted by jonno40
offtopic please try to keep it history related guys

cheers jonno40 - pob is new to the forums - I was just being friendly - is that allowed?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: WUTH carpark - 8th Oct 2008 9:01am
Yes of course you can be friendly but as a mod it is my job to keep people on track as you will be aware we have a general chit chat forum for banter and chatting.
Posted By: little_pob Re: WUTH carpark - 8th Oct 2008 12:33pm
sorry
© Wirral-Wikiwirral