Forums
Posted By: LukeORourke Mersey Park (not the school the park) - 1st Jul 2008 2:26am
does anyone have any pictures of Mersey Park before the "new" playground was built or anything older because i used to live right opposite the park and i'm interesred in its history

Attached picture 309771_a5daa8bd.jpg

Description: Mersey Park
Attached picture 309766_17fee8f6.jpg
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Mersey Park (not the school the park) - 1st Jul 2008 11:57am
i used to hang out there, have probably annoyed you with drunken noise, however by way of apology i shall do some research
Posted By: chriskay Re: Mersey Park (not the school the park) - 1st Jul 2008 12:46pm
Unless I'm mistaken, the white building is the (new) cricket pavilion. Behind that, in the wooded area, there used to be a rockery & we used to play on the huge boulders.
My dad used to play for Mersey Park cricket club. Here's a pic. in front of the old pavilion. My dad is second from the left, front row.

Cheers, Chris.

Attached picture mersey park c.c. sm.jpg
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Mersey Park (not the school the park) - 1st Jul 2008 3:07pm
another history nugget from chriskay....cheers for sharing chris
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mersey Park (not the school the park) - 9th Mar 2010 5:44pm
more info HERE
Posted By: BrechinNeil Re: Mersey Park (not the school the park) - 19th Feb 2013 2:05pm
Ahhh memories. I used to hang around getting drunk there too.
I remember before that big play area there was the slide and the 5 a side with brick goals.
The other side of the garden behind the pavillion was a climbing frame.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral