Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 23rd Feb 2008 10:40pm
a Picture of how it used to look.. Fantastic in my opinon.. happy

Description: Hydraulics Tower
Attached picture Scan0002 (Medium).JPG
Posted By: Mark Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 23rd Feb 2008 11:23pm
That's a cracking picture Lee wink
Best one ive seen yet.
Posted By: Bixmis7 Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 26th Feb 2008 3:39pm
Its outstanding
Posted By: Wheels Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 26th Feb 2008 10:10pm
Thats awesome, i love this tower smile
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 26th Feb 2008 11:46pm
that is pretty cool, is this area getting better, when i was last there it was a tad run down, the bridge was stuck in the air (for over a ayear i think) and hearby there was a boat that had sank at the dockside on the left if u was heading towards seacombe way over the bridge, what is this area like now
Posted By: Doctor_Frick Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 27th Feb 2008 4:27pm
its a dump
Posted By: AR_One Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 17th Mar 2008 4:51pm
Peel holdings (who own all of the docks) have just put in a planning app to redevelop it and the surrounding land.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/Planning/plansthumbs.asp?appnum=20085384&wanted=Plans

There's 300 pages of it but it looks like the building is going to be rebuilt with a resturant on the ground floor. There's also going to be a hotel over-looking the docks.

Interesting
Posted By: AR_One Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 17th Mar 2008 4:53pm
Addition:

If they do it like this Image Click me I'll be well chuffed - leaving what structure is there now standing and filling in the gaps with light and glass.

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 17th Mar 2008 6:28pm
sounds brilliant. I hope the area does get redeveloped
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 17th Mar 2008 6:31pm
Yes... now that we did our UE inside it, they can do what they want. The sooner the better in some ways.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 17th Mar 2008 6:46pm
Originally Posted by AR_One
Addition:

If they do it like this Image Click me I'll be well chuffed - leaving what structure is there now standing and filling in the gaps with light and glass.

Great find smile

What about all the pigeons ?
They have left there mark there omg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 18th Mar 2008 4:18am
Originally Posted by Mark

More to the point, where will they all go? The council keep knocking down/renovating all the derelict buildings, and not providing adequate affordable or suitable housing for them...

frown frown
Posted By: AR_One Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 18th Mar 2008 7:40am
Originally Posted by MattLFC

More to the point, where will they all go? The council keep knocking down/renovating all the derelict buildings, and not providing adequate affordable or suitable housing for them...

frown frown

We need to start an action group!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 18th Mar 2008 7:42am
Originally Posted by AR_One
Originally Posted by MattLFC

frown frown

We need to start an action group!

Good idea... I vote you to lead us into battle!!

Let's all fight for the pidgeons rights!!

laugh
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 18th Mar 2008 6:44pm
Those plans will ruin the building cause the building is in a Right mess although it be nice i dont think it should have a lick of paint and be refurbished and leave it as Listed building which it is.. I dont think Jesse's plans was to turn his building into a resturant..
Posted By: Mark Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 19th Mar 2008 5:03pm
This is an Artists Impression.

Description: Picture taken from the Wirral globe.
Attached picture htdraulic.jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 19th Mar 2008 6:03pm
That looks very nice... but the pigeons certainly won't take very kindly to all that use of glass... they wont know whether they are inside or outside.

tease
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 19th Mar 2008 6:16pm
yeah it looks sweet they should do it it a mess round that area and there is plenty of land there
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 19th Mar 2008 6:36pm
Will it be done as part of the Wirral Waters development??

Cos the whole area is gonna look very modern due to the development, so something would need to be done with the building anyway.

Will be good if they can make good use of the existing historic architecture and preserve it for future generations. It's sad to see, that although they were long derelict and dangerous due to the decline of the docks, most of the buildings and history has disappeared over the past decade.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 19th Mar 2008 9:49pm
It is part of the wirral waters it says in the paper.
But as we know its not Red Brick and Pretty.
Its back and gimey looking.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 20th Mar 2008 1:10pm
If they make that red brick they would ruin the goth look of it.. Its nice not get me wrong but keep it real not modern.. happy
Posted By: Mark Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 22nd Mar 2008 2:49pm
[Linked Image]

Full Size picture wink
Bombed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 12th Feb 2010 1:04pm
The bridge was up this morning.

Attached picture IMG_0040.jpg
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 12th Feb 2010 4:56pm
Looks like Mersey Mammoth was passing through. There seems to be a bit of activity at the docks at the moment. There are a couple of large ships in the that dock next to the penny bridge.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 12th Feb 2010 7:19pm
doh I missed it go through. caught the bridge going down on cctv .
Posted By: jimbob Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 12th Feb 2010 9:59pm
was in that line of traffic waiting for the mamoth to go through {3rd from the front] the ships up near the penny bridge are being worked on by cammell lairds repair. they use that area of the dock system as they are unabel to access the wet basin of the original cammell lairds due to a dispute with the last owners of the yard
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Four Bridges Hydraulics Tower 1892 - 12th Feb 2010 10:02pm
Here you go grin ....

Inside the clock tower wink

[youtube]XdSlvCFxvHo[/youtube]

© Wirral-Wikiwirral