Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 3:11am
Just watching Family Guy and I'm wondering why the programmes that are cartoons such as FG and American Dad are able to be more risque and very close to the bone when it comes to racism, sexism and jokes against all kinds of minorities? I find both shows very funny and I like that they can be this way and not have to be politically correct for fear of someone thinking they're being offended (there's far too much political correctness these days imo) but if the characters were replaced by humans, none of it would be allowed, would it?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 3:17am
family guy is ace apart from some usa stuff i dont understand. American dad aint that good. They showed jimmy carr n franky boyle on channel 4 here and they have stepped way over the so called line! Looking forward 2 next family guy star wars.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 3:26am
I've lived here for a while now so anything USA you don't understand, just ask and I'll explain smile

I agree American Dad isn't quite as funny, but Roger the alien does come out with some gems occasionally
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 3:29am
south park is a good 1
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 8:20am
TBH, American Dad is so much better than FG. It actually has a storyline that it sticks to as opposed to a bunch of random and irrelevant stories loosely strung together. Dont get me wrong FG is funny, but the random 'Remember the time when I......' sequences gets a bit boring.

If you think American Dad and FG are risque, you should try Drawn Together. Its a lot worse IMO.

South Park is still king, but its been slipping lately, if it wasnt for cartman I think the show would be a lot worse.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 11:31am
Being so random is one reason why family guy is awesome!! grin

But yeah, i can't remember what happened but in one of the newer episode they went so far, I was like, can they say that? Haha, and didn't the people who made little britain say they were purposely pushing it to be as insulting as possible before being told off, or something? So it's not just american shows.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 11:34am
Isn't that part of the point - that Peter is so ignorant and stupid that he says the UnPC things in ignorance and not in a malicous way
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 11:40am
Oo maybe Softy! Never thought about that!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 12:39pm
I can't stand Family Guy or American Dad.

For me it's Southpark, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men (I know, I know, but I've seen them all..) and Supernatural.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Family Guy & American Dad - 4th Nov 2011 12:48pm
Could be worse guys, could be buffy the vampire slayer sick
© Wirral-Wikiwirral