Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Coast - 11th Aug 2009 7:33pm
Currently on the bbc2 at the moment and features part of the Wirral - New Brighton, Birkenhead Park and Port Sunlight. Look out for the repeat on iPlayer.

...and has anyone ever saw the RAC ad? Features part of New Brighton!
Posted By: sean Re: Coast - 11th Aug 2009 8:23pm
yeah, i was down there fishing when they were filming that
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Coast - 11th Aug 2009 9:29pm
So was I!It must of taken a few days going by the stuff they had which took up the car park by the fort.Loads of lardy dar types.
and before you no I did" nt catch anything.
Posted By: sean Re: Coast - 11th Aug 2009 9:57pm
haha, same here
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 12:51am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m53vj/Coast_Series_4_Anglesey_to_Blackpool/
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 7:02am
Tis usually repeated on Saturday or Sunday on BBC Two iirc, for those who don't have the iPlayer. And then again, on the BBC One signzone next week (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning depending how you want to look at it).

I still havent got around to watching last weeks yet, been sitting on the box for over a week lol!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 11:45am
Port Sunlight historians will find it interesting. Good piece on it. New Brighton yacthting lake and B'head Park got some worthwhile mention smile
Posted By: insanekitty Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 12:11pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I still havent got around to watching last weeks yet, been sitting on the box for over a week lol!

Then get off it before it breaks! lol!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 12:15pm
Originally Posted by insanekitty

Then get off it before it breaks! lol!

Dunno quite what your on about lol, there's stuff on there since Christmas, still working fine.

When I had my Sky+ PVR2 (which did eventually break ad get replaced with the PVR3 after about 5 years) it had the Champions League 2005 final on it for years without problems lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 12:20pm
Ah, just re-read it, think I know what you mean now haha! My mind added an "it" to you post looool!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 1:37pm
Ah, just re-read it, think I know what you mean now haha! My mind added an "it" to you post looool!

I think it's gonna be a looong week for you!! raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 1:46pm
Already has been lol; had a killer migraine for the past 30 hours, before which I had sleptfor just 16 hours in 5 days lol, and eaten one meal since last Wednesday (never eat when I am tired/running without sleep).

So making up for it now, eating like Pavorotti (amazingly, I wasnt even slightly hungry until I actually started eating loooool), gonna watch last weeks coast and then this weeks in a bit, watching Property Ladder atm haha!

laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 1:59pm
I have a bad back! I have a trapped nerve which is keeping me off work.

Not that I am moaning but I have to sit virtually on a hot water bottle at the computer smelling of deep heat rub!!

One thing I will not do...watch daytime telly cos its sh*te!

Enjoy Coast.

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 2:35pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
One thing I will not do...watch daytime telly cos its sh*te!

Indeed; I have a backlog of things recorded from the across the evenings of the past week - again when im tired, I tend not to watch TV (lack of concentration means theres no point lol).

Gonna watch this weeks Coast now. Does anyone know whether they have ever been to Hilbre Island as a feature-legnth look at it; I remember they "touched" on it in the first series and may have been near it when they were talking about the North Hoyle windfarm in Series 2, but can't really recall a proper in-depth look into the island and its history, which is quite surprising imho.

Still, there is another series (5) being made for next year, so maybe it will be in that.

Still think Nicholas Crane was the best main-presenter in series 1.

smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 3:40pm
I cant stand that woman presenters voice
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 12th Aug 2009 3:51pm
Which one, theres a few...

smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Coast - 30th Aug 2009 3:53pm
Just watching this now - really good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m53vj/Coast_Series_4_Anglesey_to_Blackpool/
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Coast - 30th Aug 2009 7:04pm
Just watched it now. I think Coast has become one of the BBCs surprising success stories in Recent years. No Matter where it is in the UK, very interesting and enjoyable to watch.

However, i feel they keep missing loads of info on the Wirral.
Its one of only 2 major Peninsulas in the UK, and not once have they even touched on its Geology.

Red Triassic Sandstone showing a mixture of Desert and Water environments etc etc... Just proves that the UK wasnt originally in the position it is now (Tectonic Plates etc)
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Coast - 31st Aug 2009 10:15am
I watched this on iplayer last night. I was quite disappointed to be honest. They could have covered some of the rich history of New Brighton. The fair, the fort, the tower etc but instead they just showed a rather dull guy sitting by the boating lake on a really grim day looking like he was quite pi**ed off to be there. It made the place look absolutely rubbish.
I normally like Coast though. Its a great series.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Coast - 2nd Sep 2009 12:02am
They are already filming the series for 2010, so better luck next time, init lol!

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral