Forums
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Rocket Science - 21st Mar 2009 3:28pm
I'm not sure where to put this so feel free to move.

Did anyone watch Rocket Science last night? It was a programme which followed a class from Woodchurch school and their chemistry teacher learning along the way. The kids designed a part of the fireworks display for the end of City of Culture.
The teacher is a credit to the school and the kids are a credit to him. We hear so much bad press about young kids this was a refreshing change.

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...t-woodchurch-high-school-80491-23050796/

Posted By: bert1 Re: Rocket Science - 21st Mar 2009 3:34pm
No missed it, but Woodchurch sec was a good school when i went there years ago. Always had good teachers then.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rocket Science - 21st Mar 2009 6:18pm
I saw the 1st one and was very impressed by 'mr smith' -what a teacher. I'd have loved to have been taught by him-so inspiring.
Like the gov't ad campaign without the cheese!! He my mates sons head of year-my z list claim to fame. Pmsl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rocket Science - 21st Mar 2009 6:28pm
I'd be interested to know whether admission applications increase this summer? Tho to be honest, i dont predict a mass migration of parents wanting to move house to the 'catchment area' the fookin snobs!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Rocket Science - 21st Mar 2009 7:20pm
I think you could be right the Rudebox raftl
What an inspiration! It just shows that there is good in most of these kids, they just need someone to treat them with respect and spend a bit of time with them.

Yes I know know there are some real scrotes out there but they're the minority.
Posted By: peodude Re: Rocket Science - 23rd Mar 2009 5:08pm
I had Mr Smith as my teacher when i was there back in 2000. He was a superb teacher even back then
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Rocket Science - 23rd Mar 2009 6:38pm
i had mr smith back in 1999 to 2000 and his way of teachin is different but good as it gets the message across to the kids in different ways as he is so active
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Rocket Science - 23rd Mar 2009 7:05pm
mr smith was my form tutor 99-04 smile
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Rocket Science - 24th Mar 2009 11:18pm
lol I will join in, I had Mr Smith as my teacher too, no idea when but somewhere in the middle of 1997-2002 lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral