Forums
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol RADIO: 7 Waves 92.1 - 25th Jan 2009 10:24pm
Are there any 7 Waves listeners in our ranks? Has anyone been on one of their radio production courses? I started one last week, a 10 week course in all.

Tomorrow I will be sitting in on the Gerry Priestley Mid Morning Madness show to see it all working in action. Looking forward to it.

Would like to know what others think of 7 Waves current output.
Posted By: Shambo Re: RADIO: 7 Waves 92.1 - 25th Jan 2009 10:44pm
A frend of mine played a little live music on air a couple of months ago. If he hadn't told me it was happening I would'nt have known 7Waves existed. I only own a digital radio, so couldn't pick up their FM signal. It took me about an hour to find, decipher their website, then download the plugin's to listen on teh internet stream.
Posted By: Waddi Re: RADIO: 7 Waves 92.1 - 25th Jan 2009 10:45pm
Does 7 Waves have a rock show, preferbly broadcasting the likes of Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged sevonfold, actually just see my signature below.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: RADIO: 7 Waves 92.1 - 26th Jan 2009 9:59pm
They have a rock show on a Wednesday evening. I have no idea what type of rock they play but it might be worth a listen for you?
Posted By: Wheels Re: RADIO: 7 Waves 92.1 - 26th Jan 2009 10:01pm
i wanna do a radio show smile
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: RADIO: 7 Waves 92.1 - 27th Jan 2009 8:21am
Get in touch with them to find out when the next Radio Production course is. Thats what Im doing there now. Its a 10 week course 10-12 Wednesdays. At the end of it we do a 1 hour magazine program.

It seems to be a great way to get into radio. As far as I know the current breakfast show hosts started out on this course.

I spent yesterday in the studio with one of the presenters to get to know all the equipment. It was a good experience, and definately worth doing.

Their website is 7 Waves. Just click in the link and then hae a look around their site. There is something on one of the pages about the course they run.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral