Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:18pm
Is returning! Quality! I wonder if Gordon Burns will be presenting it again, it's being filmed in Granada Studio's, so I guess he might be?

smile

[youtube]V8erw2_SmLQ[/youtube]

Incase the embedded video dont work (YouTube been having problems lately) - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V8erw2_SmLQ
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:23pm
OMG i loved this programme ages ago especially the assult course at the end thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:26pm
You should go on it Scott! I could just imagine you on it in the olden days lol.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:26pm
i cant im thick as fooook and seriously unfit raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:27pm
BTW, SRO are offering tickets for the filming at Granada Studio's if you wanted to go Scott.

Could be a nice day out for your evil sidekick lmao!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:27pm
Originally Posted by Mondeo_Scott
i cant im thick as fooook and seriously unfit raftl

That never stopped half the people who used to go on it haha!
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:29pm
hahahaha true but it was still entertainin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:30pm
of course it was mate, used to love it. Wasnt it on on a Sunday night or summit lyk that?
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:31pm
yes about 8pm if i can remember correctly think
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:32pm
nah i thought it was more 7:30ish, after LOTSW?
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:35pm
It has been confirmed that The Krypton Factor will be revived in 2009. The producers have said that the new version will use "the latest technology" and see the return of the assault course. Ben Shephard will become the new host.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:36pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
of course it was mate, used to love it. Wasnt it on on a Sunday night or summit lyk that?

hosted by Gordon Burns, broadcasted on ITV on Mondays at 7pm from 1977 to 1995
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:36pm
frown

Gutted, no Gordon Burns! That just upset me lol. Shame really, he does BBC North West Tonight in studio's just around the corner from Granada lol.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:37pm
raftl
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:38pm
we might as well rename this the scott and matty random chat thread raftl
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:43pm
abit of krypton factor trivia :-

The first series of the show was shown on Wednesdays. It was then on Fridays for two years before arriving on Mondays in 1980.

For the first series the programme didn't have a studio audience.

The Krypton Factor was one of the first new-style game shows to be exported to the USA.

Some of the intelligence tests went on for considerable lengths of time. The cameras were just left running and the whole thing was cut down to three minutes for the benefit of the show. At least one contestant was moved to tears by the difficulty of the puzzles. In 1990, Gordon Burns told contestants that over the years, some of the tests had taken 15 or 20 minutes to complete, but that in one (unspecified) programme, when the competitors' tables had been placed too close together for this round, two competitors accidentally picked up pieces from each other's table, making it impossible to complete the puzzle, and nearly an hour went by as they vainly attempted to finish, before the problem was realised.

For at least some series (around 1986-88), the fastest man and fastest woman on the assault course both received a special trophy. Winners include: Barbara Murray and Stuart Worthington (1986), Marian Chanter and Ted Daszkiewicz (1987), Elizabeth Hayward and Alan Robbie (1988).

Unusually, and possibly uniquely for the time, some earlier series (until 1993) had no advert break in the middle (like the BBC) even though it was on ITV in a primetime 7pm slot. This explains why some of the elements (most notably, the time for the quiz) were shortened in later series.

The points contestants earned through the game were not referred to as their score, but as their "Krypton Factor", e.g. "The winner, with a Krypton Factor of 46, is the legal secretary from Kent, Bob Jeffries".

Gordon Burns stated in some of the episodes that the contestants trained for the assault course in the Physical Ability round for up to five weeks in advance.

The contestants all had their own corresponding colour-either red, green, yellow or blue. They wore their own clothes, apart from the Physical Ability round where the contestants wore 'boiler suits' which were red, green, yellow or blue until 1989. The boiler suits changed to black with a coloured stripe. For their own clothes, the contestants either wore a shirt/blouse, tie or a neckscarf of their corresponding colour.

In the 1991 series, two weeks in a row, two contestants, Tony Hetherington and Paul Evans won all of the first five rounds in their heats, scoring 50 points, in addition, Hetherington set an all time record of 62 points, they both later met in the same Group Final, in which Evans won and Hetherington qualified as the Highest Scoring Runner Up, and went on to win the Grand Final. Hetherington's record score was equalled by Tim Richardson in the 1993 Grand Final, in which he also won the first five rounds.

In addition, 1993 Grand Finalist Eddie Jackson, who qualified for the final via the Highest Scoring Runner Up position that year, became notorious for his performance in this Grand Final, scoring only 10 points in the first five rounds, having came last in every round, he finished with 16 points.

From 1989-91 and 1995, the champions of these series all qualified for their Grand Finals with the Highest Runner up position.

The announcer on the show the man who introduced the contestants at the start of some series was Granada Television continuity announcer Charles Foster, who has taken the same role for other shows down the years.

The round where the contestants flew a Sea King were recorded at Culdrose Navy base in Helston, Cornwall
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Krypton Factor - 28th Nov 2008 11:48pm
just found this

The series will be recorded at Granada Studios in Manchester from 7 December 2008 - 10 December 2008 and is scheduled to air in February 2009.

i carn wait party
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Krypton Factor - 29th Nov 2008 12:23am
use to love this me self. never new it was comeing back on the box party
Posted By: Ducko Re: Krypton Factor - 29th Nov 2008 12:04pm
fookin Ben Shephard ffs
Posted By: Wench Re: Krypton Factor - 29th Nov 2008 1:06pm
Of all the people they could have chosen!! Still, at least it's not Vernon annoying manc slimeball funny as a boil on you (insert own place here) Kay!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral