Forums
Posted By: MattLFC CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 3:24am
DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE MAJOR STORYLINE SPOILERS!!

Coronation Street's Vera Duckworth is to die in a tear-jerking New Year plotline, it has been revealed.

Liz Dawn – who has played Vera for 33 years – will film her final scenes with the ITV soap at the end of the year.

Three alternative death scenes have been written, but filming of only one script will take place in a closed-set environment and viewers will only learn of her fate when the episode airs in January.

The decision to kill off such an iconic character came after long, extensive meetings between Corrie's executive producer Kieran Roberts, producer Steve Frost and Liz herself.

It was decided that an emotional and dramatic finale for the character would be far more justifiable than her leaving the Street and returning for the odd re-appearance throughout the ensuing years.

frown

Try not to make comments too related to the subject so not to give it away for anyone who dont wanna see lol.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 8:34am
boohoo

i wonder whether this will bring more conflict between tyrone and their grandson (cant remember his name, proper annoyin tho)

with any luck he will leave soon after pray - doubt it tho snob
Posted By: AX_125 Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 11:06am
Then maybe the viewers of the program will realise how gash it is, stop watching and ITV will be forced to calcel it.

Posted By: SoundLad Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 11:12am
damn an thought Corrie was finished. When on earth is it gonna? Paint dry is better than that..
Posted By: Wheels Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 5:34pm
i have to watch it cos of the missiz but this has made me end up wanted to watch it....:P

anyway... yeah as the spoiler says I cant belive "Wellard" from eastenders will be in corrie.:)
Posted By: jonah Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 7:47pm
cry
Posted By: fordsteve Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 30th Oct 2007 7:48pm
think that going to be one of them tv moments that has kerry crying again raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 19th Jan 2008 9:44am
Originally Posted by BBC News
Veteran Coronation Street character Vera Duckworth has made her final appearance in the long-running soap opera.

Vera, who has been played by actress Liz Dawn since 1974, died in an armchair as husband Jack had a pint in the Rovers Return.

Three different death scenes had been written, with the final end filmed under tight security.

Dawn, 68, is retiring because she suffers from chronic lung disease.

It was so sad, poor Jack frown

He played the part so well and so realistically, beautifully written storyline imho, a credit to ITV.

BBC News Report
Posted By: jonah Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 19th Jan 2008 9:46am
yeh, we watched it, it was well done and so so sad..... frown cry
Posted By: chiccy Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 19th Jan 2008 11:31am
well done itv... i still have swollen eyes too lol!!!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 20th Jan 2008 10:43am
I really felt sorry for jack, i know he isn't a real person but it was cast and played so well.
Posted By: Mark Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 20th Jan 2008 8:59pm
Yeh one of the better deaths.

I'm just glad he didn't sing...
O well there is the Funeral to cry over again chiccy lol

Wonder if "Jack" will stay as long as Mr Barlow now?
Posted By: chiccy Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 20th Jan 2008 9:03pm
mark he did sing!!!

bugger whens the funeral....
Posted By: chiccy Re: CORRIE SPOILER WARNING - 20th Jan 2008 9:04pm
mark he did sing!!!

bugger whens the funeral....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral