Forums
Posted By: granny BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 4th Jan 2017 5:09pm

Massive amount of emergency vehicles on Barnston Road, near Bassett Hound Pub . No details but road is closed. [b][/b]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 4th Jan 2017 6:33pm
Nothing happens by halves on that road.
Posted By: granny Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 4th Jan 2017 6:41pm
It's still closed. According to locals, a 4 x 4 got knocked off the road and ended upside down, due to someone speeding with no room to overtake. They drove off.

Not sure if other vehicles were involved too.

This has been a bone of contention with myself for ages. It was 40mph, a few went a bit faster so the local councillor got it reduced to 30mph.

Since then it is more dangerous as nearly all travel at 40mph and those doing 30mph are constantly overtaken, vehicles up your backside or shoved out of the way.

It's very dangerous now, far more than when it was 40mph.
Posted By: granny Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 4th Jan 2017 7:07pm

Update.. they didn't drive off, they ran off.

Two more cars being loaded atm. both absolutely crunched !

Not heard of any injuries from my information bureau.

Two in the 4 x 4 got out ok. apparently.
Posted By: granny Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 4th Jan 2017 7:23pm

Road open again now.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 4th Jan 2017 9:33pm
Man arrested for driving while disqualified, woman had injuries to hands and knees and at least one person went to hospital.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 5th Jan 2017 11:46am
Wife came past bassett about 4.45 and it hadnt happened then so emergency services must have got there quick.
Posted By: granny Re: BARNSTON ROAD CLOSED - 5th Jan 2017 10:16pm
My post was not immediate either. Probably 5 mins or more afterwards.
Thinking about it, it must have been 10 mins or more. I heard sirens, and another sirens and then another siren before I even suspected anything was so local.
Pretty impressive to be honest. We have to be quite proud of them.

2 Fire engines, 6 or more police cars, not sure about ambulances, but , blue flashing lights for as far as you could see.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral