Forums
Posted By: Dilly Man on roof - 24th Sep 2016 11:40am
A man a a house roof in Norman rd off Percy rd Seacombe. Throwing roof tiles at police vehicles. Police negotiator in attendance. Area cordoned off with lots of police activities.
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 24th Sep 2016 3:39pm
They will probably buy him a McDonalds and have a nice warm blanket to wrap him up in while they walk him to the ambulance, more wasted resources taken away from those that really need them,plus the damage done by him will have to be paid for by someone.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 24th Sep 2016 3:55pm
If it was only a local known scrote they should have brought in a marksman to minimise damage. But I suppose it could have been someone with mental health problems.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 24th Sep 2016 5:10pm
Just been told he is still up there. Time for marksman?
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 24th Sep 2016 5:27pm
I don't want to appear cynical but the mental health label seems to be applied a lot lately, maybe it is because it is reported more, but the number of so called celebrities that seem to suffer from bi polar and the like seems out of proportion and the younger generation appear to mirror the same affliction, very sad.
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 25th Sep 2016 6:46am
Just found out this guy has done the same roof thing before, allegedly he had broken into someones house and being drunk fell asleep, then escaped onto the roof.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Man on roof - 25th Sep 2016 7:23am
Originally Posted by casper
Just found out this guy has done the same roof thing before, allegedly he had broken into someones house and being drunk fell asleep, then escaped onto the roof.

this chap by any chance?
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/310214/1.html
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Man on roof - 25th Sep 2016 7:38am
Well done Bert!! Seems likely it is the same chap! Good memory Bert !
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 25th Sep 2016 8:22am
I do know the name of the one in this incident but can't for the life of me I can't remember who was involved in the earlier one.
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 25th Sep 2016 11:12am
Allegedly his words were when he finally came down around 20.00 last night were "the crack has worn off" no doubt he will go to court his brief will say he is the victim and more should be done to help him, in the mean time genuine people are being denied medical care and help because the system is being overwhelmed by the feckless drunks and bagheads that demand attention first. mad
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 8:06am
I was under the impression that the 'system' was designed to handle 'feckless drunks and bagheads' as well as 'genuine people' - whatever the difference is.

What ideas do you have for distinguishing between the two? You might like to address the problem that today's 'genuine person' may become tomorrow's 'feckless drunk and baghead' and vice versa
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 8:54am
If we can't distinguish between a baghead and a normal person we are in serious trouble.
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 8:56am
Sorry Ex, you are quite right, maybe my view of drunks and bagheads has been coloured by an experience I had in Arrow Park Hospital whilst waiting with my granddaughter it was about 3pm and the waiting room was in chaos a man had been brought in with an arm injury he was accompanied by what appeared to be his whole family all worst for wear through drink who must have thought the waiting room was a new drink venue, foul disgusting language in front of mothers with tiny children, constantly shouting for attention "ow long are we gonna be" apparently his injury was caused by him attempting to perform some sort of a gymnastic stunt "at ar barbie" I felt genuinely sorry for the staff and those waiting, but yes you are right the system is designed for that, isn't it?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 9:01am
Hi Casper, the things you see when you haven't got a gun eh !
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 9:19am
yes
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 10:47am
Originally Posted by Dilly
If we can't distinguish between a baghead and a normal person we are in serious trouble.

Well I would say the opposite. Those who think they can make this distinction, are in serious trouble and badly deluded. A 'baghead' is every bit as much a human being as a 'normal' person, and equally worthy of proper respect and care.

I'd have thought the old Victorian idea of the 'deserving' as opposed to 'undeserving' poor well and truly gone by now. Evidently, it seems, not completely.

If you feel the urge to blame someone, take a look at this appalling government that is starving the services set up for things like this of cash, so they can privatise them to their own profit.

It might be a pleasant change from blaming the sick and inadequate and the desperate.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 11:12am
Bagheads have self inflicted illnesses that put a strain on the NHS. They cause nothing but misery and trouble by thieving to fed their habit.when they can't get hold of their chosen drugs they toddle of to the local chemist shop to get their free methadone which in turn costs the NHS even more money. Please do not ask me to sympathise with them.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 9:12pm
I wouldn't dream of asking you to sympathise.

Hopefully, you are not a smoker, a drinker, or take no exercise and have not eaten yourself into obesity or type II diabetes though. If you have, you will no doubt refrain from asking for treatment for any of the maladies these lifestyles often cause, as they are self-inflicted.

A cousin of mine damaged his neck playing rugby as a lad, and now requires a wheelchair to get around. Again a self inflicted injury. Far from sympathy, he needs to have his wheelchair taken off him for his foolishness.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 10:09pm
Yeh i'm with Ex on this one. No matter the circumstances, everyone is entitled to NHS care and as an NHS employee myself, i certainly don't judge the people that come in. They come in because they want help, and that's the best start for them. If these "bagheads" didn't want any help then they wouldn't present to their appointments, they wouldn't open up to doctors and they wouldn't accept any other help offered, but i have seen people present as though they're scraping the barrell of life for their next fix and after accepting help and advice, over time have turned their lives around to become great people, some even help start groups and activities for their community.

Besides if they don't turn up to their appointments they're discharged. We haven't the time to be chasing people around.

Besides, at what point does an addiction become a reason not to give treatment? Does that mean that anyone who smokes cigarettes should be denied NHS treatment?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 10:37pm
Playing rugby,smoking,drinking or being over weight are as far as I know not yet a criminal activity. I have never known any of the above to go thieving to feed they habit ! Have you ?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 10:56pm
Sorry I forgot to add that I do smoke and do have an lung condition that can be related to smoking as well as being related to being around asbestos in the past. Difference with me is I get up everyday and go off to work, I don't lie around all day wondering where or who I'm going to take my fag money from. How many bagheads do you know that work and where do you think the money comes from that they feed the dealers with ? Sorry I cannot share your ideals on this.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 11:09pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Playing rugby,smoking,drinking or being over weight are as far as I know not yet a criminal activity. I have never known any of the above to go thieving to feed they habit ! Have you ?

Plenty of booze, cigarettes and food gets stolen/shoplifted.

And being totally pedantic, I have known rugby fields being created and/or used without permission smile

seeyu
Posted By: Dilly Re: Man on roof - 27th Sep 2016 11:13pm
Oh one more thing,I have never prostituted myself or pimped my girlfriend to buy fags. I just work to get what I need. Please don't start me on bagheads I could go on for ever. Oh shit I nearly forgot,there's the tax I pay on fags, what's the tax on smack ? . Ok I will shut up now,well for now anyway.
Posted By: casper Re: Man on roof - 28th Sep 2016 10:15am
Originally Posted by j_demo
Yeh i'm with Ex on this one. No matter the circumstances, everyone is entitled to NHS care and as an NHS employee myself, i certainly don't judge the people that come in. They come in because they want help, and that's the best start for them. If these "bagheads" didn't want any help then they wouldn't present to their appointments, they wouldn't open up to doctors and they wouldn't accept any other help offered, but i have seen people present as though they're scraping the barrell of life for their next fix and after accepting help and advice, over time have turned their lives around to become great people, some even help start groups and activities for their community.

Besides if they don't turn up to their appointments they're discharged. We haven't the time to be chasing people around.

Besides, at what point does an addiction become a reason not to give treatment? Does that mean that anyone who smokes cigarettes should be denied NHS treatment?

Did not the NHS threaten to stop treatment for smokers and the obese at one stage? have they denied treatment to some because of the cost? deserving or undeserving? treatment for all?
Posted By: cools Re: Man on roof - 28th Sep 2016 2:13pm
Watched an example of this on tv last night, prog called Ambulance showing how stretched the ambulance services and paramedics are in London. The ambulance called to this guy who had taken Heroin overdose , they treated him gave a drug to counteract the heroin and all they got was abuse and let me get out of here so in my eyes a waste of time, resources , and that guy a waste of space. Some of these druggies, smackheads or whatever have been responsible for some horrific crimes, killing their own babies, cruelty to animals and many other horrible acts and we are sopposed to excuse them because they have drug addictions! Every case has to be judged on their own circumstances and great if they accept the help offered and want to help themselves, but let's face it we all know many of them are literally a waste of space...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral