Forums
Three women held captive by a Liverpool cabbie in Birkenhead and the police didn't show up even after multiple panicked calls to 999. How can they let this be ok?! Read the full story on Facebook in the link below and share, we want justice for these ladies!
Facebook - Cabbie holds women captive!
saw this on facebook yesterday.If they've got his badge no they should report him to the licensing office & put a complaint in to them.
They have, also trying to get the police to do something. The main point of the post is to get the word out and stop it happening again and getting some kind of justice for what was a traumatising event that shouldn't have happened
cctv in the cab should show whose telling the truth. Was he saying they hadn't paid the extra tunnel toll cost or the £11.70?. Seems a strange thing to try on with 3 witnesses especially when it says the cabbie phoned the police.
Originally Posted by fish5133
cctv in the cab should show whose telling the truth. Was he saying they hadn't paid the extra tunnel toll cost or the £11.70?. Seems a strange thing to try on with 3 witnesses especially when it says the cabbie phoned the police.
£11.70 shows up on the Display screen in the original Facebook post but the poster has alleged that the taxi driver wanted more cash (tunnel).
She also says that he accused them of not paying even though he had the cash in his hand.

As stated CCTV will reveal all.

25 minutes is a long time to contain people against their will, though.

Be interested to know the outcome of this.
not certain but he had to either ask if extra was ok when they got in or changed the meter which is what has always happened when I have gotten a tunnel trip. Either way they paid the fare asked and then got locked in against their will
See, I don't use taxi's so unsure about adding tariffs to the taxi fair- pre/ post journey for the tunnel. Do regulations state when tunnel fairs should be added? ie beginning of journey?

Surely, tariffs should be added at the beginning of the journey?

'False imprisonment' is wrong though. A while back my much younger sister got ripped off - she was out clubbing in Liverpool and was probs drunk- some people convinced her to 'cab share' BUT it was her left with an additional £30 to pay. She had to knock Dad out of bed to pay the Taxi Guy - not sure what would have happened if he (dad) was unable to pay? However, the taxi fella did not lock her in his cab.
He is a brave cabbie to lock 3 women in his cab.!! False imprisonment is wrong . whats the score with shop lfters can they be detained in the shop. If this was a misunderstanding over extra charge then are we just talking about £3.40 tunnel fee. A polite cabbie would explain apologise and leave it to the goodwill of his occupants.
Then again he could just be a stereotypical thieving scouser.
Their version of the "truth" and his version of "the truth" will out.The ladies have stated they had phones on record so their should be no question about the back end of the journey and references to why they ended up in the situation from the beginning of the journey,and the cab drivers behaviour.We had one Sunday AM and I have no idea as to the process or price.The cabbie has the advantage of being sober and alert to what is happening and the stunts they use to bulk up the fare.Black cabs are usualy self employed cash driven humourless need I go on.
With aforethought they should have sat there till the cops arrived, how much would it have cost the cabbie in lost fares?
I was a cabbie in he 90's and the meter was adjusted to include the tunnel fare so you would imagine nearly 20 years later that would be still be the case
The cabbie was wrong to add on extra to what the meter says
If the cab was from the city centre I would guess that £11.70 is inclusive with the tunnel fair
He was probably having a quiet night and trying it on
The cabbie told them it was £11.70, they paid and then he locked them in demanding more.

Casper I had the very same thought but with desperate anxiety and safety threatened a friend came and paid him £5 to get the ladies to safety.

The latest is they are going to take legal action against the driver, I will update when more details are known.
Yes I can understand that, I was thinking from my point of view but I suppose it wouldn't have happened to a man, hope they are feeling better and get some justice.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral