Forums
Posted By: fish5133 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 5th May 2016 9:34pm
2 men verbally accosted a young schoolgirl in the Pyramid lift leaving her frightened. The incident was caught on cctv as the 2 men made vile sexual suggestions to the frightened teenager who ran from the lift. Police were notified and have viewed the footage but don't appear to be doing anything about it according to the mother of the young schoolgirl. Not sure if this is because the cctv doesn't record audio . Would it be too grainy to get lip readers on the case.

I'd jump up and down in the PCC's direction, this sort of behaviour is totally not acceptable.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 7th May 2016 10:41am
If you ask me, the whole place was designed by some kind of pervert. From the cramped car park and its car-gouging concrete pillars to the smelly 'food hall' and boring shops it is a horrible shopping experience throughout and best avoided.

Nobody likes shopping malls much, but this one is well down on the quality list.
Posted By: Dilly Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 7th May 2016 10:53am
Excoriate you obviously don't live in Wallasey, if all you had was the few shops we have in liscard you might appreciate the pyramid centre more smile
Posted By: Excoriator Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 7th May 2016 12:07pm
I'd hate the Pyramids wherever I lived. Easier to go to Liverpool. You can still find interesting shops if you avoid St John's precinct and much of Liverpool 1. It doesn't take much longer if you go by train.

Parking is more expensive, but at least you don't have to negotiate those daft concrete pillars that eat into two thirds of the parking space there.
The car park was designed before the modern regulations for car safety which have bloated the size of cars. What I used to think of as quite big cars (like my old Morris Oxford) look positively skinny when parked beside modern cars. The insides have got smaller and the outsides have got bigger.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 7th May 2016 1:57pm
Its not so much the width as the length/turning circle that causes problems. Even quite thin cars have difficulty manoevering in and out. The standard width for a parking space in the UK is 2.4 metres and has been forever as far as I know. I would assume that this is what is allocated in the pyramids car park, except that in two thirds of the spaces a few inches of it is taken by a concrete pillar situated at the very worst position if you are trying to get a car in or out.

If it is unsuitable for modern cars then it should be torn down and rebuilt. Until then I will continue to avoid it.
You've clearly never been into Pepper Street Car Park in Chester- makes the Pyramids seem huge. smile
Posted By: Excoriator Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 8th May 2016 9:28am
Exactly. I have been there, and yes, it is very cramped.

I think towns underestimate the discouraging effect of bad parking on the shopping there. It is no coincidence that both Birkenhead and Chester are unable to raise footfall, whilst Liverpool One, with adequate and spacious parking is able to take customers from both, despite the extortionate cost of their car parks.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 9th May 2016 8:46am
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I think towns underestimate the discouraging effect of bad parking on the shopping there. It is no coincidence that both Birkenhead and Chester are unable to raise footfall, whilst Liverpool One, with adequate and spacious parking is able to take customers from both, despite the extortionate cost of their car parks.

I don't think its the parking. I find the Pyramids and all kinds of these tiny shopping malls quite grotty and depressing and there's no shops in it that would tempt me to go there, even if parking was free.

Posted By: locomotive Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 9th May 2016 5:54pm
How did this topic become a discussion on parking? instead of the serious topic it started off as, ie 2 male perverts in Pyramids
Posted By: fish5133 Re: 2 Male Perverts Pyramid Shopping Centre - 15th May 2016 11:13pm
Maybe police may be more interested after this

A WIRRAL woman alerted police after she was approached by two men while out running this week.

Merseyside Police received a call from a woman on Wednesday evening reporting some suspicious behaviour.

The woman was running on village road, Prenton at around 9.30pm, when she noticed a car and what is described as a red van parked on the roadway.

A man got out of each of the cars and one said something to the woman as she ran past.

She then reported that both men got into their cars, before driving in the direction she was running.

The woman then ran to her mother’s house nearby, where she contacted police.

Patrols were circulated in the area but found no trace of either vehicle.

Neighbourhood Inspector Georgie Minnery said: “This was understandably a worrying incident and the woman did the right thing and not engaging with these men and reporting the matter to police as soon as possible.

“I want to reassure the local residents that a full search of the area was carried out and we will continue to direct police resources to the area as a precaution and to offer reassurance.

“Anyone with any information or concerns should contact my neighbourhood team and report any suspicious behaviour via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
© Wirral-Wikiwirral