Forums
Posted By: Madge Couple rummaging through bins - 19th Jan 2016 4:25pm
My son caught a polish (he thinks) couple, man and woman dressed in black with wool hats on, rummaging through the bins last night half tennish, they had pieces of paper in their hands, This was hoylake, but they could be doing the rounds, be careful what you put in your bin with acct numbers and names and addresses, etc
they ran off when he asked them what they were doing, police notified.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Couple rummaging through bins - 19th Jan 2016 5:49pm
I knew a chap who found a neighbour, rummaging through his recycling bin, and making off with bags of old tins and bottles etc. He shamefacedly explained he had received a letter from the council threatening legal action if he didn't recycle more. He was a non drinker, didn't take a daily paper, and ate out a lot, so didn't actually have much to recycle!

They came to an arrangement in which they shared their recycled stuff. My friend often filled the bin and more so it suited them both, an kept the council happy.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Couple rummaging through bins - 19th Jan 2016 9:06pm
May have been snoops checking Grannies lad was not putting polystyrene in the wrong bin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Couple rummaging through bins - 19th Jan 2016 10:58pm
Lol...fish, your very cheeky!!! But I love it.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Couple rummaging through bins - 25th Jan 2016 4:50pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I knew a chap who found a neighbour, rummaging through his recycling bin, and making off with bags of old tins and bottles etc. He shamefacedly explained he had received a letter from the council threatening legal action if he didn't recycle more. He was a non drinker, didn't take a daily paper, and ate out a lot, so didn't actually have much to recycle!

They came to an arrangement in which they shared their recycled stuff. My friend often filled the bin and more so it suited them both, an kept the council happy.

I'd want to know what he would be charged with. I don't know if it varies from area to area but I'm not aware of any requirement to re-cycle.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Couple rummaging through bins - 25th Jan 2016 5:23pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
I'd want to know what he would be charged with. I don't know if it varies from area to area but I'm not aware of any requirement to re-cycle.

Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990

Where a waste collection authority has a duty by virtue of section 45(1)(a) above to arrange for the collection of household waste from any premises, the authority may, by notice served on him, require the occupier to place the waste for collection in receptacles of a kind and number specified.

As from the Deregulation Act 2015 it is no longer a criminal offence and is now enforced by a fixed penalty notice.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Couple rummaging through bins - 27th Jan 2016 5:43pm
Looking for a £33m lottery ticket !!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral