Forums
Posted By: derekdwc This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 4:46pm
I had an email which came allegedly from a fairly well known co which asked me to fill in a small questionaire and get a free gift.
I selected a noflame e-cig and was asked to pay postage(about £4) which I paid by Barclaycard.
The e-cig arrived with a refill (still not used it)
Then a month later another package arrived with 2 pack refills which as far as I know were not ordered and thought that was good of them.
The packing slip that came with them had quantity on but no price.
I now find my Barclaycard has been charged £49-99 for them

be aware you don't fall for the same

NoFlame E-Cig is the name of the company
Posted By: missmahjong Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 4:58pm
A a while ago got product on offer, good price then i got another order through and my bank statment showed i think £60 plus had gone out , phoned the company up to find it was auto repeat order in the small print .I was lucky enough to get get refund ..Maybe try that ...good luck ..
Posted By: Mark Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 5:37pm
Your not the only one click me

With advice how to try and get a refund.
Posted By: venice Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 6:23pm
One for Watchdog maybe .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 7:08pm
Get refund from Barclaycard (unauthorised transaction), if enough people do this then Barclaycard will shut their account out.

I amazed this has been going on for so many years without getting closed down.
Posted By: Mark Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 7:19pm
If your agreeing to the Terms and Conditions its a done deal.

However, you can cancel any agreement with in 21 days (maybe longer or shorter) under the distance selling agreement.

But a Scam as its in the small print, o just remembered any sneaky stuff like that should be in your face under new contract rules. (if its uk that is).

I seen a piece on watch dog about it.
Distance Selling Agreement that was.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 2nd Jan 2016 10:45pm
For anyone who maybe thinking of buying an E-cig for the first time,I would suggest going to a shop and having a chat with them,They`ll get you on the right mixture&strength depending on how many cigs you smoke per day,steer clear of the cheap ones `Iv tried them and there hit&miss and may put you off completely,The lad on the market in Birkenhead seems to be clued up on them.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 3rd Jan 2016 12:21am
Here are some of the terms and conditions ....

If you enrolled in our Trial Offer or our Home Delivery Program your order is an offer to buy from us on the “subscription” basis explained on our website. A binding legal contract is formed when we accept your offer by sending you a confirmation email.

Important: This is a single contract for the supply of goods on a continuous basis. Therefore the right of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations applies only to the initial supply of goods (i.e. the trial starter pack and any other goods which form part of the initial order).

Posted By: derekdwc Re: This e-cig may be a scam - 3rd Jan 2016 10:55am
I must have received several emails from different (firms?) based on the fill questionaire and receive a free gift which took you to the NoFlame E-Cig site
I've tried to find the email on Virgin but could only open a similar one
free gift selected then e cig site

Attached picture free.JPG
Attached picture eciga.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral