Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 5:17pm
To the *******, (if you are a member)- who knocked down a cat and drove off about half an hour ago on Birkenhead Road, Seacombe- he did not survive- maybe you know that, already hence why you could not be arsed stopping to look at his collar.. Don't worry though, his clearly distressed mother would not leave him and her cries led to a neighbour removing him from the main road and alerting us. RIP Bobbly-Jay, you were very much loved xxxx

Attached picture Bobbly Jay.jpg
Posted By: rob123 Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 6:57pm
How sad, Scumbag,
Posted By: ianyam Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 7:37pm
Very sad.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 7:38pm
Prick
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 7:48pm
Absolute ... !!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 7:54pm
Sorry to hear that Rude, how sad there are people who don't bother to stop.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 8:15pm
Total bast****s
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 8:26pm
What a tosser!!
Posted By: valli Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 9:05pm
So sad the poor owner must be devastated.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 10:57pm
Thank you every one.

I take comfort that Bobbly (rescue cat) was very happy here. He had a great life with us, always purring. Just last night, he was my 'vibrating neck muff'. He was a strong character and was much loved. His demise appears to have been quick- no external injuries- he just looked asleep. What 'gets' to me is his Mum (Tigger)(they came together as a 'package) who must have seen it all- the two were in-seperable- she followed him around everywhere like a bad smell. She is a much more sensitive/ less-confident cat than he was. And,we struggle more with the fact that somebody just left him dying/ dead in the road- with Tigger screaming near-by. Can't understand it.....having lots of cuddles with Tigger tonight.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 25th Nov 2014 11:17pm
Feel for you Rudebox.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 8:24am
Unfortunately the law says you only have to stop if you hit something bigger than a dog. How they define exactly how big a dog is, I have no idea - chihuahua or great dane?

Pretty heartless not to stop presuming you realise you've hit a cat.

rip. Bobbly
Posted By: cools Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 9:20am
So sad for you Rude. I live on a busy road and have seen two poor cats who have been hit by cars . On these two occasions a few days later notices have gone up in shops from people looking for their lost cats.on both occasions the description matched the ones I had seen. I did,nt know whether I should ring them to tell or not. In the end I thought better to know what had happened than not. It was ,nt very nice and on one I think they thought I was just being a sicko and telling lies. I,m not sure I would do it again!At least you know what happened to Bobbley.
Posted By: Mark Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 10:31am
That's terrible.
So sorry for your loss Rudebox.

Maybe a cctv can help find the driver.
If they were drunk the chance is they had another accident down the way.

And that's a cracking picture to have you posted.
Thoughts are with you.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 3:21pm
not nice to lose your cat-- but don't lose sight it might have been the cats fault and no blame on the driver. Its not nice to have to take a dead cat to someones house and say sorry I ran it over. What would you do if say a seagull hit your car and was stunned--would you stop and take it RSPCA-- I doubt it. Plenty of stray cats around as well-- If I had a cat and lived near a busy road I wouldn't want to let it out to roam there. Can understand your anger though.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 6:15pm
i prefer cats to kids,and people lol
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 7:32pm
So its best to be spineless and get off then fish 5133??
Cats are much looked down on as unimportant to dogs but as usual its stupid humans that make that decision.
Its the hypocrisy of what we apply empathy and caring to only certain animals and not others.
i saw a dog run down by mine and stopped to help take him to nearest vets , he didnt make it.
id always stop im compelled to its my nature.
your cat looks beautiful rude .all cats are. Is the mother a norwegian wood ? Or the cat that died?
its always seen as un manly to have cats but im always against the grain.
Posted By: venice Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 26th Nov 2014 8:29pm
Sorry to hear about your cat Rudebox. Very upsetting for you all.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 29th Nov 2014 9:09pm
I'm so sorry for the terrible loss of your beautiful cat, Rudebox. Sadly, I've been through this myself and I know it's heartbreaking.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hit and Run. Birkenhead Rd - 29th Nov 2014 9:50pm
Thanks everyone.

Fish- we do not live on the main Road. We have lived here for over 20 years, always had cats too. Bobbly- Jay is the first to fall victim to an RTA though. We have a lot of 'cat-friendly' land around our house and surrounding areas. Who knows why he ventured down to the main Road?? I KNOW my cats did not venture there as a rule Academic now, really. frown

Svenlock- No idea of Tigger/ Bobbly-Jays 'type'. She is more gingery/ reddy coloured than he was. Much smaller too. Will upload a picture of her in Pictures of your Pets thread. Keep finding her at the neighbours house, obvs looking for him....So sad- other than that she is eating/ drinking as normal.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral