Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Another BT Scam. - 25th Jul 2014 1:21pm
A VERY convincing looking message flopped down the wires this morning. A message from BT saying there had been problems with my last payment. Could be bank details change, change of address etc. Confirm your account by clicking on the link blah blah blah... The odour of a large economy sized furry rodent seeped out of the pooter. Obviously didn't click on the link. Instead I phoned BT. They confirmed it was a scam. A very helpful bit of info gleaned from BT which was new to me, was that if you click on the BT logo (top left of message) and it's genuine, you'll be forwarded to the main BT page. IF it's from one of those nice foreign parentless individuals, then nowt happens. It's a dud!

Just thought I'd pass this on. I'm no dummy (shut-up at the back!), but it did look pretty convincing with the design layout, terminology etc.

If in doubt click on the BT logo and NOT the link. Alternatively, phone BT to verify.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Another BT Scam. - 25th Jul 2014 8:58pm
simpler just to delete
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Another BT Scam. - 26th Jul 2014 6:40am
Originally Posted by fish5133
simpler just to delete

Agreed, but..... in this particular event, I'm anticipating a Grade "A" nark with BT over my next bill which will be due anytime now. All to do with a call-out charge disagreement. Hence watching any incoming BT stuff carefully. It costs nothing to phone BT to query things - assuming you can understand Call Centre speak in some of the furthermost reaches of our Empire ! grin
Posted By: Tatey Re: Another BT Scam. - 28th Jul 2014 6:40am
PINZ,

"Queen Victoria very fine regiment" :-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Another BT Scam. - 28th Jul 2014 10:49am
Originally Posted by Tatey
PINZ,

"Queen Victoria very fine regiment" :-)

Splendid, just splendid !!

+++ Sent from my ACME Heliograph on the veranda+++
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Another BT Scam. - 28th Jul 2014 3:06pm
Sorry but don't get too comforatable with what they told you. A Web page or an E-Mail having a legit-looking Logo (image) with a hyperlink that takes you to the the real BT page, is no guarantee whatsoever that it's not a scam. Anyone can put such an image on any web page or any E-Mail.
Posted By: Norton Re: Another BT Scam. - 12th Aug 2014 7:11pm
The scam mongers have now started adding a link under the BT logo which goes to their site, same as clicking the link they give lower down the page.
It ends in .pk at the moment. No prizes for guessing where that might be, but probably false anyway...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral